Newegg 24hr Sale: OCZ Vertex Series 60G for 100$ a/r

It is a good deal even without the rebate that chances are good you're never going to see.

Haha, I didn't want to make it sound like an awesome deal and to find out it wasn't and then get lynched by the [H] Mob.

Getting sick of SSD MIRs. Especially on old stock. Drop the regular sale price already.

The only bad thing about this deal is the sales tax. I live in TN and Newegg has a warehouse in Memphis, which means we get taxed 10% :( This is why I rarely order from Newegg anymore.

The only bad thing about this deal is the sales tax. I live in TN and Newegg has a warehouse in Memphis, which means we get taxed 10% :( This is why I rarely order from Newegg anymore.
Same here...I live in Memphis & they have SHIPPING warehouse...it is not like I can actually buy something from there! I usually don't order from Newegg because of this.

Just don't hold your breath on the rebate.
I sent mine in 3 months ago, got a confirmation and that was that.
NO MORE OCZ for me

NO MORE OCZ for me

Did you follow up with them? They have a pretty good rebate tracker...

Never had any problem with getting an OCZ rebate, just follow the instructions, not really hard.

QFT. I've done probably 6 of them in the last year & I always get mine. They are the stupid rebate cards, but they are issued by Citi. Because I have a citibank account, I just deposit them like a check. No muss no fuss.

NO MORE OCZ for me

Out of 3 OCZ rebates I had a problem with one I didn't receive. I called them and it was resolved. I got my 20 USD card 2 weeks later.

I'm not really so worried about the tax, I mean shit I live in California I'd be hard pressed to find a computer outlet that doesn't have some presence in the state.

The thing that really pisses me off is that sales tax is pre-rebate. Now something like this doesn't make much difference, but still nickle and diming you away.

Did you follow up with them? They have a pretty good rebate tracker...
this

I've done 5 OCZ rebates recently for SSDs and memory, I had zero issues with any of them.

Most rebate issues that get bitched about on forums boil down to user error IME.

Just to be clear - this is the original vertex, not the vertex 2. I found an agility 2 for the same price AR a month or so ago, which IIRC outperforms these last-gen vertexes. Still, it's not a bad deal and they make for decent OS drives.

Back