New York City 3D in Google Earth

HardOCP News

[H] News
You can take a virtual tour of New York now using Google Earth. I’ve spent the last 45 minutes cranking up the textures in Google Earth and roaming around the city. This is the closest I have ever been to New York. Kinda cool because I already know my way around from playing GTA IV, Prototype, the Incredible Hulk and the various Spiderman games. ;)

He will need a PhysX enabled system as well and the latest v197.xx driver too.

Super. So now the terrorists can get full color 3D views of exactly what they want to target in New York next and how. :rolleyes:

OOOOOOOOOOH MY GOD! Was that my bike infront of the Baskin Robbin's 31 flavours on the 101st street that was stolen five weeks ago! It MUST be google's fault as anyone on the Internet could look at this Baskin Robbin's 31 flavour's and want to steal my bike! I'm suing!

(Joke on yesterday's guy suing for bicycle in open garage photo being online).

That technology actually is pretty impressive. It really lets you get a feel for the location. If I was ever planning to visit NY, I would be sure to take a tour around my hotel and see what's new or where I might want to stop.

What is really cool about this is that in the near future, you will have Police and Fire Companies have this 3D map in their cars / trucks with real time data. The Fire Chief and Police Chief will be able to sit at their desks / command centers and see all of NYC ( other cities as well ) in 3D with their squad cars going down the streets in real time via GPS. Pretty cool. Seems a little big brother but I'm come with that when it comes to emergency services.

Super. So now the terrorists can get full color 3D views of exactly what they want to target in New York next and how. :rolleyes:

Sure, and that is why we never had a terrorist attack in NY before this tool was availible... :rolleyes:

this sets the stage for some pretty innovative stuff around the corner. I agree, we'll be laughing how this might look a decade from now but give credit to google for taking the lead in this kind of stuff.

I live here. If you can get past the Doorman, Security and Peggy, our Pit/Dobbie mix you are welcome to come over.:D

4528025498_09af9813eb.jpg

Back