new xbox recon controller

pendragon1

Extremely [H]
looks decent and no too pricey.
"Recon Tech Special Edition, featuring a sleek, dark grey military design and rubberized diamond grip for enhanced comfort. Enjoy custom button mapping and up to twice the wireless range."
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/recon-tech-special-edition

ae7eeb3a-762c-4c97-8c9e-0d1e0a66691f.jpg

Last edited:
Rubberized is nice but rubber tends to fall off :(

these textures are a bit childish imo. like the new logitech mice.

gamer = 'stealth/military'. guess what marketeers, I fucking hate the military and everything about them.

The gamer look is for children.... the industry needs to grow up.

Rubberized is nice but rubber tends to fall off :(

these textures are a bit childish imo. like the new logitech mice.

gamer = 'stealth/military'. guess what marketeers, I fucking hate the military and everything about them.

Guess, what they make plain jane stripped down versions. It is what marketers do, make different styles to appeal to different people. Guess you aren't the ones they were trying to appeal to, but hey thanks for letting us know.

This looks like a nice option. I have to give it to Microsoft - they do make some well-made peripherals, especially controllers, and continue to improve them over time. Though to be honest we're sort of in an industry-wide rennissance for first-party controllers, with major manufacturers making great options across the board. All the variants of XboxOne controllers, the Steam Controller is excellent and unique, the DualShock 4 is great as well, and even the Nintendo Switch JoyCons and ProControllers are full featured and like everything else I mentioned work on PC (sometimes with a little tweaking).

Moreso than perhaps the others Microsoft has gone out of their way to make a lot of variations of their XBOne controllers, both in terms of aesthetics and features. Gen1 controllers lacked a 3.5mm jack and needed an adapter, Gen2 controllers improved on that, where as Gen3 added Bluetooth as well. There are tons of different colors and the DesignLab allows custom controller manufacture at prices that often come in below third party offerings. This new Recon variant is not just aesthetically unique, but also adds the rubber grips which some may prefer. I personally am the most enamored with the XboxOne Elite controller - its cost is significant (and could be rolled back a little) but the build quality, metal parts,and additional features and options make it worthwhile to me. I admit however I would like to see Microsoft update it with Bluetooth functionality and give existing owners a discount, as well as come out with more custom "Elite grade" swappable parts in different colors and whanot for the people who prefer that sort o thing.

Overall there's an XboxOne controller these days for just about any preference.

Any chance the shoulder bumpers aren't secured by a tiny piece of plastic this time?

Guess, what they make plain jane stripped down versions. It is what marketers do, make different styles to appeal to different people. Guess you aren't the ones they were trying to appeal to, but hey thanks for letting us know.

No problem. Give us a call if you need more input

They will if people stop buying it. However, the gamer shit seems to sell so they make it. However they have big boy toys too. Personally I think this controller is the best ever, for any platform. Looks good, feels superb and works awesome. I love mine. Ya, it is expensive, but so what? My GPU is also expensive. I like nice toys :D

Is it actually different from a regular one? It looks the same as the one that came with my Oculus Rift, but different colors.
idk. does yours have the diamond rubber grip and programmable buttons? if you really want to know google them.

Is it actually different from a regular one? It looks the same as the one that came with my Oculus Rift, but different colors.

Its paint job is different of course but it does seem to have some differences when it comes to texture, given the rubberized grip and whatnot. Now as far as functionality, I don't know when you bought your Oculus, but if it was at its launch I'm pretty sure that the include XBOne controllers were "Model 2" variants, which unlike Model 1 could take a standard 3.5mm 4-pole headset jack without an adapter. The Recon, as we as the newest controllers of various colors, are Model 3 versions - these include Bluetooth as well as proprietary wireless and have a longer reach. As far as the programmable buttons, I am honestly unsure which models support this, but its by default on the Win10 "app" where you can customize. So this version is mostly aesthetically/feel different because of its paint job and its grips, but it is a current generation Model 3 ccontroller as well which is an evolution over what came in the past, but admittedly in mostly minor ways.

Back