New X-FI drivers for XP....

Still nothing for Crackling on the the NF4 boards, i just picked up a Extreme Gamer Fatality Edition with the XRAM and it still crackles on my board.

Release Notes:

This download contains an improved version of the drivers found on the Sound Blaster® X-Fi™ XtremeMusic, Platinum, Fatal1ty and Elite Pro installation CDs. It provides full OpenAL support for gamers. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
This download includes Creative Audio Console, which enables you to configure the Sound Blaster X-Fi features and functions.

Added Features or Enhancements:

* Supports OpenAL 1.1

Fixes:

* Resolves the issue of the computer not responding when Cubase® interacts with X-Fi applications
* Allows MidiSynth to synchronize properly with selected SoundFont® content
* Resolves OpenAL issues

Requirements:

* Microsoft Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows XP Service Pack 2
* Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic, Platinum, Fatal1ty and Elite Pro audio device

Notes:

* Creative MediaSource DVD-Audio Player is unavailable for Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
 
it hard locked my computer when I installed it. weird
 
GPUCommando said:
Is this directed towards Vista users?

Vista actually causes some problems, especially if you already have a crackling issue. For me the crackling is worse on vista then it is on XP.
 
all i know is these drivers raised my bass lvl significantly. Had to drop it down to 45% in the THX Setup Console just to keep the sub from blowing possibly.
 
The bass level was set the same but it was louder sounding? I've noticed whenever I install new X-Fi drivers the overall sound level is louder but not just the bass. My levels will be set the same but the sound will be louder until I readjust the levels.
 
well all audio lvls were raised. but the bass lvl seemed to have say a 300ish% increase compared to the rest, or so it seemed
 
What does everyone think about these new drivers? I have to do a fresh format, so Should I install these or keep using the originals? Thanks
 
I just installed them on the Xtrememusic I got in the mail today and everything went without a hitch, and I have a nforce4 motherboard. I have not tried them in gaming as of yet though, only music so far.
 
TheBeelzebub said:
I just installed them on the Xtrememusic I got in the mail today and everything went without a hitch, and I have a nforce4 motherboard. I have not tried them in gaming as of yet though, only music so far.
Did you install JUST THESE DRIVERS, or did you install the drivers off your CD-ROM, and then upgrade to these?
 
newls1 said:
What does everyone think about these new drivers? I have to do a fresh format, so Should I install these or keep using the originals? Thanks

I used the original driver disc and I just did a fresh reformat 2 weeks ago. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. If there are game/app specific issues, then patch/reinstall away.
 
I just upgraded my drivers and they sound much better than the old ones IMHO. The detail in voices was noticeably improved.
 
Great, lets keep this thread going to see any improvements or typical creative screw ups :D
 
Is the THX utility included in a cd that came with the card? Does anyone recommend I even install it? I never touched the original cd, so I don't know whats on it.
 
TheBeelzebub said:
I only installed THESE drivers and never touched the CD that came in the box.

Where did you find the utilities for switching modes and setting options and such?
 
Smitty2k1 said:
Where did you find the utilities for switching modes and setting options and such?

the driver download comes with the utility(Creative Audio Console) for switching modes, enabling cmss-3d etc. It didn't come with the THX program that I see some people use.
 
Back
Top