New website

mooky120

n00b
hi, this is the first time I am posting my sit and I am wanting some feedback from other people. I just recently taught myself basic html code and just need some honest criticism on the site. Its just a basic portfolio of some of my work i have done for school, so be honest and let me know.
Thanks!

www.yofro.com

entry pages and frames are evil

none of the links work in mozilla

yeah it really doesnt work in mozilla at all. links dont work and the guy's hair shows up twice.

I WISH FOR SPLASH SCREENS AND ALL THOSE WHO USE THEM TO ROT IN BINARY HELL!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh. . .and resolution requirements blow.

Originally posted by Pianomahnn
I WISH FOR SPLASH SCREENS AND ALL THOSE WHO USE THEM TO ROT IN BINARY HELL!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Oh. . .and resolution requirements blow.
Wow, Pianomahnn, don't hold back or anything, tell us how you really feel. :p

But I have to agree with your points.

Splash pages generally serve no real purpose and they don't do well as far as search engine indexing goes. I'm already there, don't make me click again to "enter" your site.

And, no, I'm not changing my resolution to visit a site, so don't tell me it's a requirement. You'd be better off to make it fluid so it works optimally in various resolutions.

Splash screens make baby Jesus, plus most of everyone else, cry.

Frames aren't really all that cool anymore I don't think. Tables, divs, whatever... frames are just immoral.

As for anything else... didn't see anything else. With images off your site is absolutely useless. Can't navigate, can't even tell anything works other than these dirty great frames and a few image placeholders.

This forum is completely navigatable without images, alt text is a wonderful and awesome thing. Perhaps you'd like to give it a try.

Any site that requires images on to use is not worth my time. Never once in three years have I found otherwise. Most sites you can easily view a particular image if you want to, ie if it's part of the content rather than the design. If you can't, it's not worth my time.

Back