New Tomb Raider Legends... out Friday!!!

Motley

2[H]4U
Whos getting it?, the demo is already out, and everyone is saying it's an awesome game.

I'll probably pick it up for the PC. I'd get it for the 360, but $10 premium... it'll look just as good on my high end rig... meh.

I was never huge on the series, I liked the first one a bit, it all went downhill quickly from there IMO. The reviews are saying this one is old school TR so...

I'm definetely going to get it, the demo played very nice and the controls were awesome. I've been put off by the series since the third release, but I really feel like this one is going to take it back to the old school Tomb Raider 1 style fun/gameplay. I cant wait :)

Ashtaka said:
I'll probably pick it up for the PC. I'd get it for the 360, but $10 premium... it'll look just as good on my high end rig... meh.

I was never huge on the series, I liked the first one a bit, it all went downhill quickly from there IMO. The reviews are saying this one is old school TR so...
Not that we haven't learned that reviewers are paid to convince us. Doing less of a job at informing us and more of a job of convincing us.

This game is very good. The graphics are absolutely amazing with the "next generation visual" option. I just got my X1900XT today and I have to say Tomb Raider:Legend brings it to it's knees with everything on @1680x1050.

phobic said:
This game is very good. The graphics are absolutely amazing with the "next generation visual" option. I just got my X1900XT today and I have to say Tomb Raider:Legend brings it to it's knees with everything on @1680x1050.

i have an XTX and my system ran it fine (6xAA/16xAF, same resolution, and without using my overclock so my speeds where 500/600) :confused:

but anyway, I thought the demo was great and plan on buying it. I've played 1, 2, and 3 and stopped after the 3rd game because they took the "Tomb" out of Tomb Raider and haven't touched the series since. This game may save the series.

Polygon boobs were the only reason to buy TR3 and up. Even then, no one bought it.

Now that they made her bust load lighter, hopefully the gameplay will make up for it. :eek:

I played the demo and was impressed. Looked pretty good(though could have used a little more shading effects), had neat physics and cool accessories (I like the indianna jones like graple hook).
The last TR (Angel of Darkness) looked great and had a cool storyline, but Lara moved like she was on tranquilizers. What a pathetic design flaw, they spent all their time on what it presented like and noone actually played the damn thing.

I'm playing through it right now.

It's excellent so far. Blew me away because I was NOT expecting it to be this good. It's on par with the first... so far. Hopefully the second half of the game doesn't suck ass.

This game is sweet. Its nice to see Lara back with a new coat a paint and a fresh feeling. I cant wait to enable that next-generation content tab. Hopefully it puts some neat things in. Great demo though, grab it if you havent yet, you will be pleasantly suprised. Also be on the lookout for bugs though cause there are a couple.

Back