New to the [H]orde!

xx-Thor-xx

n00b
Joined
Oct 2, 2010
Messages
38
Since the response was friendly to my first few posts I figured I would go ahead and start folding today and just put up with the noise until my GPU blocks get here.

Currently I am running 2 GTX 470's and an i7 860@3.6ghz in this machine and my HFM reports the following:

ppd.jpg


Do these numbers look right to you guys, I haven't done any folding since I got this machine earlier this year so I am not quite sure what kind of numbers it should put up.
 
Thor, that's pretty cool. Thank you very much.
 
Not sure how much higher ppd a 470 puts out, but my 460 was around 13k. Do you have the -advmethods flag on the two gpu clients? The 860 looks about right, I usually hover between 9.5k - 11.5k on my work pc with an 860
 
Looks good to me.

That is a very nice rig, bet if you ever loaded up a game it would run quite nice.

What kinda power does that thing use?

Also welcome, I look forward to giving you your pimp hat when you reach 10 mil. ;)
 
I already said this in the other thread but welcome! I don't own any of that equipment but from what I can tell everything is running fine. I'm sure someone will be in here soon who knows a bit more.

 
Awesome! A hearty welcome to the [H]orde! As I mentioned in your other thread, we're happy to have you onboard, but more importantly we're glad that you've gotten back into folding!
 
i think that looks pretty much right.


I'm not a Big Adv guy, but can that i7 at 3.6 run big adv ? or is it too close to call on deadlines? anyhow, poitn wise that looks right. MY thuban at 4.0 pulls slightly higher PPD than that on that WU, so a slower clocked i7 should be around there


welcome aboard mate. If your into IRC and chilling, jump in the channel:

server- irc.dp.cx:6667
channel- #HardOCP

typically ther are atleast 10 guys semi active, and 30 lately have been in at a time

edit: so long as your clients are folding with the team 33 id, EOC will put those poitns toward team 33 next update
 
It'll show up after a couple of updates. You'll see data indicating that you've folded for multiple teams, but your new team should show as #33 as long as you've changed the team number in your client config file...
 
Welc... wait a second...uhmm I wil be looking for you on my mirrors. Nice triple play you got going.
 
Not sure how much higher ppd a 470 puts out, but my 460 was around 13k. Do you have the -advmethods flag on the two gpu clients? The 860 looks about right, I usually hover between 9.5k - 11.5k on my work pc with an 860

I did add the -advmethods flags, so maybe it's due to only being at 1450 on the shaders?
 
bah Speedy, now your on the defensive hows it feel ?


edit: that could definatly be it, 470's can hit a nice and high shader speed i think (coming from a 260 owner who can only get ~1512, and my 9800GTX which can get 2k lol)
 
i think that looks pretty much right.


I'm not a Big Adv guy, but can that i7 at 3.6 run big adv ? or is it too close to call on deadlines? anyhow, poitn wise that looks right. MY thuban at 4.0 pulls slightly higher PPD than that on that WU, so a slower clocked i7 should be around there

well....

Feeding 2x GPUs will set it back some, then if he games at all....

It be close, and I'm not sure if it is worth it risking losing the bonus just to try and get a few extra ppd. If he got a 2684 I don't think he'd make the bonus.
 
I typically run my 470 at 1500 on the shaders and am typically right around 14,500 PPD, so right around 14,000 at 1450 shaders looks to be right on the money.
 
Welcome to the [H]orde, you will not find a more welcoming forum, everyone's contribution is valued.
 
I typically run my 470 at 1500 on the shaders and am typically right around 14,500 PPD, so right around 14,000 at 1450 shaders looks to be right on the money.

You know Parja we kept a seat warm for you too ;)
 
i think that looks pretty much right.
welcome aboard mate. If your into IRC and chilling, jump in the channel:

server- irc.dp.cx:6667
channel- #HardOCP

typically ther are atleast 10 guys semi active, and 30 lately have been in at a time

edit: so long as your clients are folding with the team 33 id, EOC will put those poitns toward team 33 next update

I've never used an IRC, I mainly stick to Steam, Xfire, TS, and Vent. Nothing against IRC really.. just never took the time to figure out how to use one/them/it.

Yea, all 3 clients are set to 33 so it should be there on the next update.
 
Are you using the -bigadv flag with your SMP client?

that was addressed in post #15, running 2 GPU3 clients, plus any slight downtime means it would probably be too close to deadlines.
 
Are you using the -bigadv flag with your SMP client?

Not until it's cold enough to run this machine at 4.2ghz 24/7.

As far as gaming and down time are concerned I have several other PC's that I can use for that until a -bigadv is finished. I would fold with them too if I didn't have to pay for my electricity but I have a feeling this is going to add more than enough to that bill as it is.
 
Not until it's cold enough to run this machine at 4.2ghz 24/7.

As far as gaming and down time are concerned I have several other PC's that I can use for that until a -bigadv is finished. I would fold with them too if I didn't have to pay for my electricity but I have a feeling this is going to add more than enough to that bill as it is.
welcome to the team thor

one quick check: have you established/used a passkey on your SMP rig? That's the difference between 11k ppd from your CPU and 2k ppd. :(
 
Welcome, Thor. Damn glad to have you on board!

Fold On!

P.S. Sign up for the GTX 460 giveaway.
 
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody, really makes me happy to fold here. Now if only my water blocks would get here so I don't have to hear the infernal racket that 470's make when you turn the fans up.
 
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody, really makes me happy to fold here. Now if only my water blocks would get here so I don't have to hear the infernal racket that 470's make when you turn the fans up.

Checkout the "Quiet Fermi Build" post from the homepage. Raven R02 is looking like a winna for Fermi cards!
 
Checkout the "Quiet Fermi Build" post from the homepage. Raven R02 is looking like a winna for Fermi cards!

Once I am on water it's going to be really quiet, my Scythe GT's are pretty much inaudible on my CPU loop and I expect the same thing to hold true for my GPU loop as well. Water > Air :D
 
Heh, hopefully I will be able to get some better clocks going on these 470s with better cooling. I think if I could get them up over 1550 reliably they would probably put out 1k more ppd. As it stands HFM shows me between 38k and 41kppd most of the time should be cruising my way up the charts in no time.
 
so i should just be waiting to be mowed then.....atleast i have a heads up
 
Back
Top