New to the Fold..... "get it?"

Kranium

Limp Gawd
Hi there [H] friends. I just d/l the client and will start folding today, mostly as a benchmark as I am building a new PC soon.... but I might use this current rig as 24/7.....except it is based on a Pentium EE 955 lol. It is Clocked to 4.3ghz though haha.

r09j0k.jpg

I'm hoping to fold at about 1/6th the rate of an i72600...... what do you think I can do? Place your bets!

Heh if I'm lucky.... these are die-shrunk Prescott cores we're talking about here.

r09j0k.jpg

Is that a shot of New York City from a satellite?

Pocatello, go sit in the corner.

Kranium, welcome to the [H]orde

Kranium WELCOME!

This stuff isn't addicting at all so don't be worried about that. (usual sinister laugh)

Anyway I would guess you are going to be rolling SMP with that little guy. Don't forget to get your key from FAH so you can get bonus.

Enjoy and ask questions as required. If you are going to run dedicated run Linux. It would be ok if you have never done it before there are excellent resources here.

Greetings Kranium, and welcome to the [H]orde! We appreciate all your efforts, and no amount of points generated per day is trivial. Keep it up!

Welcome to the team!

Great to see that old school Pentium folding away.

I was under the impression that it was an overhead view of Pocatello's hind quarters.

Well I don't know if you can wrap your mind around this figure but it says I am getting 1500 ppd on one of those 10133 wu's.

hehe I missed your post and was just finishing the calculations in my head..
since p4 @ 4.2 was slower on single threaded stuff than my E6400 at 2.13...

at smp tasks... going against a 2600k (which overclock to 4.2-4.8)
so double clock double cores...+20% for ht + say 30% ipc gains per gen
I was guessing around 1/16 or 1375 ppd...

your actually about 1/14th of the smp ...

the problem is... 2600k can do bigadv and get 40k+

out of curiosity...whats your next build going to be?
might want to post a new thread for that ;)

Last edited:
I ran Sandra and I'm getting 20.68GIPS, so you know I be rockin' the Folding world over here.

Sweet. I folded with the 560ti in here and it did 13.5k ppd or so. I need more points! Time to build a quad cpu rig I guess :-(

Back