New to the 360, recommend a good racing game?

jordan12

[H]F Junkie
Hey guys,

Just bought a 360 for the two kids at home..We have need for speed Shift.

None of us are big fans of it. Do you guys have any recommendations for good racing games?

I hate to buy something that really isnt all that good..

I really liked Forza 2, i think its as close to a Gran Turismo as you can get on the 360.

I guess it depends on what kind of racer you like. Forza is good (I've heard, never played) for a realistic sim type game (like Gran Turismo). I like Burnout Paradise, myself.

If you like realistic games Forza 3 will be the game to get hands down. Massive amounts of fun, tons of content. The demo is up on Live right now (if you're not an Xbox Live Gold member you will have to wait until tomorrow to get it).

If you've got younger kids you might do better with arcadey style games. Try:

Burnout Paradise - I wasn't a huge fan but I think I'm one of the few. Great high speed racing, huge crashes, etc.
PURE - ATV off road racing, also arcadey but great fun.
DiRT/DiRT 2 - Off road rally racing
Project Gotham Racing 3/4 - 3 has just cars, 4 has cars and motorcycles.

Forza 2 is a simulation (probably not for the kids), good game though.
Forza 3 will be better and from the demo it seems easier, so it maybe easier to play. Beautiful too.
DiRT was a really great rally car, off road racer.
Haven't gotten to DiRT 2 yet, demo was solid.
PURE is an ATV/quad off roader, definately not the best looking/playing, but fun nonetheless.
PGRs are good, definately not realistic but fun.
Need For Speed
GRID
MotoGP is motorcycle racing. Very cool, but again kind of simulation so patience is neccessary.

More I type out, what am I thinking, go download the DEMOs. Then you can see for yourself.

Best racers on the 360 in my opinion are Forza 2 ( 3 in a month) and the oldy but very goody....Burnout REVENGE! That game still gets a lot of play by me.

Forza 2/3, PGR3/4, NFS:Shift, GRID & DIRT 2 are among my favorite racing games that i've played on my 360.

If you like arcade I still havent seen Midnight Club LA listed and I still think its one of the best arcade racers. Lots of options and it runs great.

If you like arcade I still havent seen Midnight Club LA listed and I still think its one of the best arcade racers. Lots of options and it runs great.

I'll second this. I thought midnight club was great

is the midnight club LA any good? I loved the original.

Control is good and so is the graphics. There are allot of different cars to choose from and the wide open racing is always better imo to locked off tracks. Still a community on live if you are going on line. DLC has added a good section of the city to the original. If you like to drift you can do a couple things to the performance of most cars to achieve it.
I tried it with a wheel but I like the pad better. I am guessing it would be like this since its an arcade racer.

I liked flatout. More of an arcade style, but fun. Unsure of the online community at this point.

Like others have said, Forza 2 is good. Forza 3 will be out soon.

I miss Rallisport Challenge. I wish it would get a sequel on the 360.

midnight club LA is brilliant! One warning though it´s incredible hard particularly for being a arcade racer but then you need challenges to really get into something anyway :).

Forza 3 if you want something reality based but that is maybe what you didn´t like with Shift in the first place?

Test Drive Unlimited is great can´t wait for the sequel. DIRT 2 demo looked quite fun though the original DIRT was pure garbage. GRID I also had quite fun with but if you have no fun with Shift maybe it´s not for you. It´s drifting is way more accessible though.

PGR 4 is also a decent arcade racer. Burnout Paradise is just awful. It´s not a racing game, it´s not GTA I have no idea what it´s more then a crash simulator...

Get Forza 2, only thing you'll ever need. I'm not a fan of arcade racers at all, so I might be a lil biased. Forza 3 is going to be out soon also, demo is currently available via XBL.

Back