New System

InsanePerson

Limp Gawd
Ok, so I posted this already in the wrong board, for visibility on the right board I am going to resubmit this.

So I'm getting ready to build a new system, my first new build in a while and sadly I'm pretty far out of the loop with new hardware, I did make some quries on what motherboard on the [H] forums. But I thought I'd post my complete build list here and see if anyone had any suggestions to improve it, whether its a "better bang for your buck" or simply a must have, whatever. Also, to make sure I havent left anything out or any incompatibilities.
My budget is $1500US, and I plan to use part of that for a new monitor though I have not decided which monitor yet, something around ~22" widescreen (any suggestions?)

Newegg cost, $1,016.92
Case: RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB Black
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3P
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition 896MB
Memory: OCZ Fatal1ty Edition 4GB (2x2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800
Power Supply: CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W
Hard Drive: Western Digital VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS 150GB 10000 RPM
Optical Drive: SAMSUNG 22X DVD±R SH-S223Q

I have also been considering going with a ~64gb solid state hard drive instead of the VelociRaptor, for about the same price but obviously much smaller, or perhaps 2x 32gb SSD in RAID0, again about the same overall cost. Or hell maybe 2x 64gb since I'm under budget. If the cost per/gb is not as important as the speed performance, any thoughts on this, or suggestions on a model of SSD if you agree?

As far as what I'm going to be doing, I play a lot of WoW, I am looking forward to Starcraft2 and Diablo3. As my current system would run like crap, if at all, with most more recent games its tough to say what else I would be playing, but I'd like to be able to do so and be able to enjoy them.

IMO, Velociraptors don't justify their costs well enough. So a 64GB SSD drive, which is barely faster IIRC, isn't worth it either. I recommend just getting a quality 22" or 24" widescreen with that extra cash

Adjust these man:

Ram - G. Skills 4gig DDR2 800 for $45 w/free shipping
PSU - Antec EA650 for $60 w/free shipping. (45A on the +12V vs 41A on Corsair 550VX. Cheaper to)
HDD - Meh.. don't get that little 150 gig drive. 150gigs isn't much. WD 6400AAKS 640gig for $75 w/free shipping

22" Lcd monitor, look at this good one

Samsung - 2253BW 22" for $250($20 MIR) with free shipping

Thanks for the suggestions, as far as hard drives go. I have plenty of storage at home, I'll prob plug my 2x 250gb drives into this system in RAID0 for other storage. I was considering the 10k rpm or SSD drive for the performance
As far as SSD vs Velociraptor, I found this. Albeit this is just one article
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/2008/07/21/ocz-ssd-vs-velociraptor/1
Which shows huge perf. gains on SSD over the VR.
I dont want to waste money thats for sure, but if there is in fact a real world performance benefit I think it would be worth it.

ive played with a SSD and a VR... loading up stuff on the SSD was great, very fast, but when installing stuff to it i wasn't really impressed with the speed.

im happy with the speed of my WD AAKS 640GB drives.... probably the best hard drives i've used in a while, and for 70 bux i think i'll be using them for a long time.

HDTune has the VRaptor at 98MB/s @ 8ms while the WD6400AAKS does 90MB/s @ 12ms. No, the 30% slower seek time does not translate to 30% performance boost -- its more like 8%.

SR Office DriveMark 2006 in IO/Sec
Western Digital VelociRaptor WD3000BLFS (300 GB SATA) - 1235
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1001FALS (1000 GB SATA) - 1136

Back