cyberslag5k
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Jun 29, 2004
- Messages
- 277
My brother just put a new computer together with some assistance from me over the phone. We've done everything I normally do (over 10 systems built so far), only it won't boot. The computer powers on when the switch is hit, and the fans and stuff come on, but there's no video feed. I can't tell you if it beeps or not as my brother failed to locate the wire for the case speaker. His monitor has a yellow light status for when it is on with no video feed and a green one for when there is a feed. When he powers the system up, it goes green for a few seconds and then back to yellow.
The system has a 3000+ A64 939 processor (retail cooler), an ASUS A8V mobo, and 512MB PC3200 RAM. As near as I can tell he did it right, I told him to be on the lookout for things that would short the mobo (he's like 200 miles away so I can't really check it out myself), yet he's got nothing.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
The system has a 3000+ A64 939 processor (retail cooler), an ASUS A8V mobo, and 512MB PC3200 RAM. As near as I can tell he did it right, I told him to be on the lookout for things that would short the mobo (he's like 200 miles away so I can't really check it out myself), yet he's got nothing.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.