• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New system 3dmark score seems low

Mermalion

Limp Gawd
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
352
I just built a new system that has the following

MSI 785gtm-e45 mobo
Athlon X2 240
8800gtx
640gb WD caviar blue
4gb G.Skill DDR2 1000mhz

I put it all together and fired it up and it runs good but my 3dmark scores seem low.

I tested 3dmark 01 and 3dmark 05

01 says I score 26,694
05 says I score around 15k

Are these scores low or are they decent?
 
I've been playing around with this thing for a while and have made some progress. The GPU is idling now at 58c 100% fan speed. I think this is hot just for idling but I haven't owned an 8800gtx before.

I also OC'd my processor. My processor is now sitting at 3.5ghz ( 250fsb ) and no voltage increase. 250fsb also brought my ram up to its rated speed of 1000mhz.

I ran 3dmark 01 again and scored nearly 35k. Does this mean my CPU is bottlenecking my graphics card then? Or should I test with a newer version?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
Play a game and see if it is actually "low".

3DMark is not a tool for gauging video gaming performance. It's a tool for e-peen. In addition, 3DMark has ALWAYS been CPU heavy
 
Play a game and see if it is actually "low".

3DMark is not a tool for gauging video gaming performance. It's a tool for e-peen. In addition, 3DMark has ALWAYS been CPU heavy
^this. See how if feels in-game.
 
I've installed a few games and ran them and all seems good actually :D
At 1600x1200 I am able to max out COD4, BF2, Oblivion, and COH. So it seems to be performing very well. It is a big step from what I've been used to.
 
How far do most of the x2 240's get when oc'ing ? I haven't messed with mine too much but right now it's sitting on 265fsb which makes it 3.710ghz. It's been rock solid and I haven't had to touch the voltage.
 
I have seen people do 4-4.1 GHz with x2 250. 275 fsb is about the max, i believe.
 
4-4.1 is that with or without voltage increase. I unfortunately can't change my processor voltage with this board. I can change Ram, NB, and SB but that's it really. I think I need to get an aftermarket heatsink too because she hits about 57-58c under load at that speed. Is that too hot?
 
with .1v increase...

you should use aftermarket heatsink like Coolermaster hyper212 plus (with tx-3).
 
Last edited:
That is not a low end mobo, you should have access to vcore control. With some boards like Gigabyte you need to press ctrl-f1 to activate the advanced user interface for the bios. Maybe MSI has somthing similar.
 
I tried ctrl + all the F keys and none did anything. In the bios it shows the CPU voltage but I can't adjust it. I can adjust the Ram, NB, and SB though. If I could adjust the voltage I would like to undervolt it to save power and run cooler.
 
Back
Top