New Silverstone Arrives

I can certainly see it being louder than the competition. Doesn't PCP&C use Sanyo Denki 80mm fans in their PSUs also?

Hmm... Do I know a Silverstone rep that can send me yet another power supply. Hmmm..... ;)

If it's an Etasis build... no doubt it'll get at least a 9 on the jonnyGURU scale. :D

why is this 560w cost almost the same price as the Zeus 650W SLi ready? cause the Zeus 650W cost around 140$shipped and that badboy costs 129$ +shipping? Something different between those 2?

dcnv said:
why is this 560w cost almost the same price as the Zeus 650W SLi ready? cause the Zeus 650W cost around 140$shipped and that badboy costs 129$ +shipping? Something different between those 2?

I don't know. Doesn't seem right. Maybe it's helluva efficient? There's got to be a catch. But I'd definitely have to think twice now about considering an OCZ or Turbo-Cool. ;)

I was missing something, the sundial site left some info off by accident.

Also, you guys with 80mm heatsink's, you'll be interested in Silverstone's 80mm fans, they have 92mm fan blades in a 80mm casing. I got one for my CPU and it's awesome.

dcnv said:
why is this 560w cost almost the same price as the Zeus 650W SLi ready?

Different OEM - Silverstone has used Etasis before, but only in their fanless unit. Up until now, everything else including the 650w has been Enhance. Personally, I prefer the build quality in an Etasis unit, though I do like the 600w and 650w Enhance quad 12v units too.

Actually, as far as I can tell, the 600/650W units are also Etasis. The ST52F and below were Enhance units.

I think SPCR is working on a review, but they have a fair list of other hardware waiting ahead of it.

Back