BloodSugar
n00b
- Joined
- Nov 21, 2008
- Messages
- 17
1) What will you be doing with this PC? I'll be using it mostly for gaming.
2) What's your budget? $1700 with moniter and OS (With tax and shipping)
3) Where do you live? Canada
(montreal)
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific. Moniter, OS, ram, hdd, motherboard, gfx card, cpu, gpu, case, soundcard..etc
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model. I won't be reusing anything.
6) Will you be overclocking? I will be overclocking my cpu (e8400 to 4.0ghz after a few months, thats when ill buy a tuniq tower)
7) What size monitor do you have or plan to have? 22"
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Xmas
What I have so far:
Case: Antec 300 $116.04
+
PSU PSU: Antec Neo Power 500 500W COMBO
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...SubCategory=58&SortField=0&PageSize=10&page=1
DvD: Sony NEC 20x dvd $29.99
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118011
Hard drive: WD6400AAKS 640GB $90.07
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218&Tpk=WD6400AAKS
Video card: Gtx 260 $269.94
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127361
Ram: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 RAM DDR2 100 $71.14
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231145
Cpu: E8400 + P5Q combo $330
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115037
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131299
Moniter:Samsung SyncMaster 2253BW 22IN Widescreen LCD Monitor Black 1680X1050 8000:1 DVI VGA $209.99
http://www.compu2000.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=513
OS: 64bit vista premium $130
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=15800SW5866
-----
Total: $1,309.46
+ 140.00(vista)
= $1449.46 WITH SHIPPING AND TAXES!
Soundcard: ?? dont really need one, but would like one
So what do you guys think? Should I go xfire or not? What should I change? Any better deals on different sites?
4830 crossfire out performs a gtx280 in some games lol. http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=16300&page=6
2) What's your budget? $1700 with moniter and OS (With tax and shipping)
3) Where do you live? Canada
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. Please be very specific. Moniter, OS, ram, hdd, motherboard, gfx card, cpu, gpu, case, soundcard..etc
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model. I won't be reusing anything.
6) Will you be overclocking? I will be overclocking my cpu (e8400 to 4.0ghz after a few months, thats when ill buy a tuniq tower)
7) What size monitor do you have or plan to have? 22"
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Xmas
What I have so far:
Case: Antec 300 $116.04
+
PSU PSU: Antec Neo Power 500 500W COMBO
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...SubCategory=58&SortField=0&PageSize=10&page=1
DvD: Sony NEC 20x dvd $29.99
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118011
Hard drive: WD6400AAKS 640GB $90.07
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136218&Tpk=WD6400AAKS
Video card: Gtx 260 $269.94
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127361
Ram: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 RAM DDR2 100 $71.14
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231145
Cpu: E8400 + P5Q combo $330
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115037
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131299
Moniter:Samsung SyncMaster 2253BW 22IN Widescreen LCD Monitor Black 1680X1050 8000:1 DVI VGA $209.99
http://www.compu2000.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=513
OS: 64bit vista premium $130
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=15800SW5866
-----
Total: $1,309.46
+ 140.00(vista)
= $1449.46 WITH SHIPPING AND TAXES!
Soundcard: ?? dont really need one, but would like one
So what do you guys think? Should I go xfire or not? What should I change? Any better deals on different sites?
4830 crossfire out performs a gtx280 in some games lol. http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=16300&page=6