New Rig Dilemma

jhwk6957

Limp Gawd
I need help picking out parts for a build.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
Medium Gaming (borderlands 2 on high) light adobe suite cs6 for web design. and yes of course web browsing.

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$700 after tax and shipping.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Minneapolis, MN
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
CPU, RAM, MicroAtx Motherboard, Modular PSU, SSD, storage HDD, CPU cooler, GPU,
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Fractal design Define R3 Mini case
6) Will you be overclocking?
Yes, 4ghz
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it
single 27" 1920x1080
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
next two months
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
usb 3 and sata 6
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Last edited:
Can you narrow down that time frame any further?

Please define medium gaming: which games? How many bells and whistles?

Which Adobe programs are you using?

Please define medium gaming: which games? How many bells and whistles?

Which Adobe programs are you using?

Borderlands 2 on high with physics on high. I am considering a gtx 660 but any other suggestions would be appreciated. also I use Photoshop, illustrator, Dreamweaver. I am also considering buying one of those Korean IPS panels 2560x1440 at some point for using CS6 but I plan on gaming on the single 1080P monitor

I just got a new job so I would like to wait till at least the first paycheck rolls in next three weeks or so. but I would like to build it asap.

What's the soonest that you can build the PC?

If it's more than a week from now, then I just recommend just coming back when you're 1-2 weeks away from buying the PC and ask for advice then. As a result of doing that, you'll have up-to-date build list without having to constantly recheck for deals or whether or not the part is still a good buy.

What's the soonest that you can build the PC?

If it's more than a week from now, then I just recommend just coming back when you're 1-2 weeks away from buying the PC and ask for advice then. As a result of doing that, you'll have up-to-date build list without having to constantly recheck for deals or whether or not the part is still a good buy.

Good point. I will just wait till I get paid. Will come back in three weeks

Last edited:
Back