Asus Asus p8z68-v pro
EVGA Geforce GTX 560 Ti
2 x 4 GB Corsair XMS3 DDR1600
Corsair TX850
Crucial M4 64GB
Western Digital Caviar Black Edition 1TB 7200RPM/6GBSATA
LG DVD-RW
Corsair 400R Case

When I hit the power button, fans and lights come on but no video is output. No beeps from the speaker. CPU boot light passes, RAM light passes, and then the VGA output light hangs for ~20 seconds. After this the boot light hangs for a while (which I would expect from a new build with a bunch of empty drives). I haven't had time to really tinker with it yet but if anyone sees something here that I might be missing it might help me later tonight when I get back to it.

Just curious to know if your display is set to Auto, VGA, or Digital?

Process of elimination, start with just one stick of RAM, CPU and Video.

If it works, start adding the other components until the issue reoccurs, this would better determine which part is faulty.

Your graphics card has two DVI outputs. Try plugging your monitor in to the other one.

I tried both DVI ports on the video card, as well as the one on the motherboard from the integrated video.

How about disabling the integrated video and see if that works or take out the 560 and just use the integrated video?

Hit up the stickied "Basic Troubleshooting Guide" on what to do when the PC does not POST. Report back when you've done those steps

How about disabling the integrated video and see if that works or take out the 560 and just use the integrated video?
He would first need a video signal to get into the BIOS to disable the integrated video. :p

No post beep? Check out the Troubleshooting sticky and follow the process for no post. Report back with attempts/results.

He would first need a video signal to get into the BIOS to disable the integrated video. :p

No post beep? Check out the Troubleshooting sticky and follow the process for no post. Report back with attempts/results.

Got ahead of myself...:(

Tried out a roommates monitor, no issues. I guess my six year old Viewsonic's DVI was dead...

I've got a different monitor in front of me now, everything is working great. Thanks to everyone that helped.

Back