• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New rig being retarded

Visec

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 4, 2007
Messages
347
Everyone once in a while my new computer does this stupid fucking thing where it won't post after being shut off for a while, It turns on and starts spining but no bios or flash screen will pop up it just sits there being stuck in a hybernate mode for 2 hours and nothing I do repeat NOTHING I DO will force it to boot normally.

It only fixes one way. I'll be lying in bed 2 hours after I've finished fucking with the thing and all of a sudden I hear it reset and boot up normally and I didn't even do anything, like it takes 2 hours to post.This shit is pissing me off I'm seriously about to throw this piece of shit over a cliff it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Things I've tried:

-Unplug all my devices making sure everythings plugged in properly, reset multiple times trying different configurations plugging different inputs in.

-Reset the motherboard pin manually to default configuration.

-Unplug everything just to see if it will post.

None of it works I'm sure everything is plugged in correctly or it wouldn't magically start working fine after 2 hours after just sitting there.


My only guess is the problem could be this stupid IP35 motherboard. This mobo has this 'feature' that you can't disable where it doesn't turn on like normal motherboards It turns the computer on for 5 seconds then shuts down then turns back on again. It's the only thing I can think of.

Someone help me before I destroy this thing.
 
I'll be lying in bed 2 hours after I've finished fucking with the thing and all of a sudden I hear it reset and boot up normally and I didn't even do anything, like it takes 2 hours to post.This shit is pissing me off I'm seriously about to throw this piece of shit over a cliff it makes no fucking sense whatsoever.
.

LOL
 
That is the only fix. It's happened 10 times so far all I can do is wait hour(s) for it to reboot and fix it self. It's all brand new parts is my motherboard faulty or something?
 
Try updating the BIOS.

If the BIOS update doesn't work, reassemble the PC outside of the case, with the motherboard on the mobo box. Strip it down to the bare minimum: Hard drive, RAM, video card, CPU, HSF and power supply. Start it up with a screwdriver connecting the two power pins. If it still does the exact same thing, try switching out parts if possible.
 
I'll be lying in bed 2 hours after I've finished fucking with the thing and all of a sudden I hear it reset and boot up normally and I didn't even do anything, like it takes 2 hours to post.

Sorry man, this made me LOL also...

Try updating the BIOS.

If the BIOS update doesn't work, reassemble the PC outside of the case, with the motherboard on the mobo box. Strip it down to the bare minimum: Hard drive, RAM, video card, CPU, HSF and power supply. Start it up with a screwdriver connecting the two power pins. If it still does the exact same thing, try switching out parts if possible.

I agree with Danny, try updating BIOS and boot it with the bare minimum.

Hope you get this weird bug fixed.
 
Hi need some help. I located the correct BIOS download to install but in order to install this it says I need to save it to FLOPPY and boot from floppy. I didn't purchase any floppy drive when I built my computer I thought they were obsolete.

Can I burn it to CD and boot it? How big of a risk is it to flash/install BIOS through windows I've heard it either works or destroys your bios chip?
 
no old floppy drive layin around?

if it works via windows, great. if not, oh wellz, good thing its still under warranty, right? :p wait, it still is under warranty, right? lol.
 
Boot from CD option didn't work. : ( I do actually have an old Windows 98 system hasnt been fired up in 8 years but it has a floppy drive I wonder if I can throw that in this rig. I'm ready to say fuck it and just do this through windows though. Isn't this like that motherboard shorting out due to static, it rarley happens and I should be good right??
 
Floppy is definitely safer, just plug it in update the bios and then take it out. and your post was lol...
 
I found whats wrong it's definatley the IP35 motherboard thanks to reading this post the BIOS update should work so tommarro I'll disassemble my old system and take out the Floppy. Why can't I do this with CD..they should let Floppys die already like cassette tapes and betaplayers.
 
I found whats wrong it's definatley the IP35 motherboard thanks to reading this post the BIOS update should work so tommarro I'll disassemble my old system and take out the Floppy. Why can't I do this with CD..they should let Floppys die already like cassette tapes and betaplayers.

Long live the 3.5" Floppy Drive! The king of all drives. Lol.
 
Back
Top