cocheese256
Gawd
- Joined
- Apr 23, 2005
- Messages
- 783
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
I will be gaming, general word processing, GIS map creation and data.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1200.00. This price includes taxes and shipping.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Wilmington, NC USA
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Motherboard, Ram, Case(I would prefer to use a Silverstone Fortress FT02 if it will fit my needs), Power supply, Processor, processor heatsink and fan ssd, hardrive.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Three AMD R9 290, key board, mouse, monitor, optical drive, monitor.
6) Will you be overclocking?
No.
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
34" Ultra widescreen monitor at 3440x1440 21:9 ratio
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
This week
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
I am looking for a mobo that can support Trifire, USB3.0, onboard audio. It would be nice if the Motherboard could support both Crossfire and SLI.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I do not have transferable license. I need a new OS. I currently like Win7 64 but I will Install Win 8 if there are any benefits for gaming.
I am moving to an apartment. In my house I had room for three 24" monitors that gave me a resolution of 5760x1200. I do not have room for this many monitors so I purchased the 34 ultra wide. I am going to keep my current set up at my house and would like to build another system for my apartment. I already have three R9 290's(purchased them when experimenting with Lite Coins). I sold that system but kept the cards. I would like to use all three since I have them. This brings me to the question, is it worth the effort to use all three? I originally wanted to do a small form factor build with two cards but I hate to have to sell one if it is going to give me a better gaming experience. In that regards I may start another thread for a small form factor build using a micro atx mobo for comparison.
Thank you for the help. If I have left anything out please ask. I look forward to your suggestions.
I will be gaming, general word processing, GIS map creation and data.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
$1200.00. This price includes taxes and shipping.
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Wilmington, NC USA
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Motherboard, Ram, Case(I would prefer to use a Silverstone Fortress FT02 if it will fit my needs), Power supply, Processor, processor heatsink and fan ssd, hardrive.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
Three AMD R9 290, key board, mouse, monitor, optical drive, monitor.
6) Will you be overclocking?
No.
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
34" Ultra widescreen monitor at 3440x1440 21:9 ratio
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
This week
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
I am looking for a mobo that can support Trifire, USB3.0, onboard audio. It would be nice if the Motherboard could support both Crossfire and SLI.
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
I do not have transferable license. I need a new OS. I currently like Win7 64 but I will Install Win 8 if there are any benefits for gaming.
I am moving to an apartment. In my house I had room for three 24" monitors that gave me a resolution of 5760x1200. I do not have room for this many monitors so I purchased the 34 ultra wide. I am going to keep my current set up at my house and would like to build another system for my apartment. I already have three R9 290's(purchased them when experimenting with Lite Coins). I sold that system but kept the cards. I would like to use all three since I have them. This brings me to the question, is it worth the effort to use all three? I originally wanted to do a small form factor build with two cards but I hate to have to sell one if it is going to give me a better gaming experience. In that regards I may start another thread for a small form factor build using a micro atx mobo for comparison.
Thank you for the help. If I have left anything out please ask. I look forward to your suggestions.
Last edited: