New Red Faction game confirmed!

zamardii

2[H]4U
“Last quarter, we announced Saints Row 2. Today, we are confirming the next Red Faction game,” said THQ boss Brian Farrell in a conference call today.

The game apparently won’t be available until THQ’s next fiscal year.

Red Faction has seen two entries, both developed by THQ-owned studio Volition, the same developer behind Saints Row. Both FPS games were well-received by press when they released in 2001 and 2002, respectively.

Source: http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6641&Itemid=2

I'm personally really looking forward to this game. I can't wait to start blowing holes in walls, and just tearing everything apart. Your thoughts? Expectations?

HECK YEAH!!! The original Red Faction was pretty revolutionary for its time with the deformation, I can't wait to see how a modern version comes out :).

I loved red faction 1!!!

This is very good news.

BTW, did you guys know there's a forum community out there who talk about and play the online DEMO for Red Faction 1?!?! This is according to my friend, who plays the demo as well. Pretty crazy...

if it's like Red Faction 2's crummy controls and story: then I'd pass.

Now, if it has the feel of RF1, i'll definitely give it a go.

Precision rifles, anybody?

How about a new Freespace while were at it. :(

That said, sounds good. The first two were enjoyable.

I hope they they ditch anything related to red faction 2. Red 1 was great, but red 2 was a complete dissapointment from story to gameplay.

oh yeah!!! I loved the original Red Factions...My friends and I would play this together even more than Halo. Great multiplayer. A current gen RF would be just jaw dropping.

i feel joy...now i wanna find my old RF1 disks and install it again. cant wait to start blasting some new passage ways and door ways in a next gen engine

Back