New PSU for i7 System

kdu

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jul 9, 2005
Messages
265
Been doing a ton of research and decided on a Corsair 750TX for my i7 system

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0273362 ($89.99 after MIR)

i7 920
asus p6t
3 x 2gb
nvidia 260 gtx
2 x 1.5tb hdd
1 x 300gb hdd
dvd-burner
sb audigy 2 zs w/ frontbay adapter
4 x 120mm and 1 x 220mm fans

I want the PSU to be able to power an additional 6gb and another 260gtx in the system for any future upgrades

What do you guys think? Thanks
 
$140? Kind of poor price for the 750TX considering that you can get it at Newegg for $120 and buy.com for $110. Each of those sites comes with a $20 MIR as well. So I recommend getting the 750TX from those sites rather than Microcenter if you want to save $20 to $30.

Anyway, the 750TX should be enough BUT Corsair's own PSU finder recommends at least the Corsair 1000HX for your setup:
http://corsair.com/psufinder/default.aspx
 
yea i know the $140 is steep but there is a 50 MIR

all my parts arrive by Monday so I'm leaning towards a retail location for now
 
I would try http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp for a psu calculator, it gives you the watts you need, so you can make a more informed decision. It seems odd that corsair recommends a 1000W PSU for that system, but the site I listed says my build (sig) only requires 590W. My system is running fine off a corsair 750TX.
 
Back
Top