• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New "PPU" card...for $8000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt this will happen as a PPU since developers are afraid of the cell.
 
pArTy said:
I doubt this will happen as a PPU since developers are afraid of the cell.

Funny that Sony the paid AGEIA a one time fee for letting ALL game developers use the PhysX API on the PS3...wich I beleive uses the Cell-GPU...

Terra...
 
Terra said:
Tell that to the Cell-CPU in the PS3 :rolleyes:

Terra...
It's funny, that one card alone is way more expensive, and probably a lot more powerful than my computer, but you know the secret to life, the edit button, please, think of the kittens.

everytimeyoumasturbategodkillsakittenul5.jpg
 
Hot linking is bad...

I guess this add-in card would be great for rendering, probably takes hours off of time needed to render long videos.
 
xLiquidx said:
I am sure this won't be a PPU more like a card for Video Rendering.

The PhysX API is working for the Cell-CPU in PS3, so this might be more pssible than you think ;)

Terra...
 
I suppose this card would be good for a render farm, I didn't think of this before, but having multiple cards in one system, and a multi-threaded rendering application would save a lot of space, and time.
 
I suppose this card would be good for a render farm, I didn't think of this before, but having multiple cards in one system, and a multi-threaded rendering application would save a lot of space, and time.

Yup..parallelism is the way forward...

Terra...
 
Terra....

That's like saying that Canada (specifically Ontario) is a stash for Nuclear weapons (WMD's) because we are major users of Nuclear energy (nuclear power plants). Although it COULD be used to make weapons, Ontario chooses to use uranium for energy.

Simply put, the purpose of this PCIe Cell accelerator is not physics acceleration. So this thread has nothing to do with Physics Processing. It's nothing more then a waste of space. Should be locked and finally you should be banned.. for a short while..... cuz you're annoying.
 
ElMoIsEviL said:
Terra....

That's like saying that Canada (specifically Ontario) is a stash for Nuclear weapons (WMD's) because we are major users of Nuclear energy (nuclear power plants). Although it COULD be used to make weapons, Ontario chooses to use uranium for energy.
Pretty much all your uranium used in modern today's power plants is not able to be used in nuclear weaponry. Its not nearly enriched far enough. Power plants only use about 2% enrichment in uranium to produce power. Nuclear weaponry needs to be up there in the 80 and 90 percent enrichment range to be "good".
 
Oh fuck. So I bought all this 2% stuff and all I can do with it is make some electricity? God damn.
 
ElMoIsEviL said:
Terra....

That's like saying that Canada (specifically Ontario) is a stash for Nuclear weapons (WMD's) because we are major users of Nuclear energy (nuclear power plants). Although it COULD be used to make weapons, Ontario chooses to use uranium for energy.

Simply put, the purpose of this PCIe Cell accelerator is not physics acceleration. So this thread has nothing to do with Physics Processing. It's nothing more then a waste of space. Should be locked and finally you should be banned.. for a short while..... cuz you're annoying.

Use the ignore, how hard can it be? :)

Terra - :rolleyes:
 
Arcygenical said:
Oh fuck. So I bought all this 2% stuff and all I can do with it is make some electricity? God damn.
pfft, you can make some good money at least. :cool: We're putting out 1088MWe right now with a single bwr reactor and generator. People pay good money for electricity to run their air conditioners this time of year you know. ^_^
 
Terra said:
Use the ignore, how hard can it be? :)

Terra - :rolleyes:

I suppose it's not really you... but more what you say that is annoying. It's like a FoxNews The O'Reilly Factor segment where you try and hammer your opinion as the absolute truth down everyone's throats.. it's annoying... but we don't want too change the channel because the Simpsons is on next... so we sit... and wait.. for you to end your segment... so we can start having fun and laughing again..:)
 
ElMoIsEviL said:
I suppose it's not really you... but more what you say that is annoying. It's like a FoxNews The O'Reilly Factor segment where you try and hammer your opinion as the absolute truth down everyone's throats.. it's annoying... but we don't want too change the channel because the Simpsons is on next... so we sit... and wait.. for you to end your segment... so we can start having fun and laughing again..:)
The O'Reilly Factor is on the national Fox News Channel, and the Simpsons come on the local Fox sister channels, that is unless your local cable news stations allows it and has the contract to allow the O'Reilly Factor to come on a local channel vs national only. In the case of that happening, let me know so I can move there. :D Don't be jealous that Bill ownz you. More pithy comments plz. Don't be a popinjay. ;)
 
w1retap said:
The O'Reilly Factor is on the national Fox News Channel, and the Simpsons come on the local Fox sister channels, that is unless your local cable news stations allows it and has the contract to allow the O'Reilly Factor to come on a local channel vs national only. In the case of that happening, let me know so I can move there. :D Don't be jealous that Bill ownz you. More pithy comments plz. Don't be a popinjay. ;)

We get only one Fox Channel here in Canada. They're both on the same channel. But it was more of an attempt at humour then anything else.

PS. O'Reilly doesn't own anyone, he's like the Right Wing Al Franken. Both are idiots and partisan hacks.. :p
 
ElMoIsEviL said:
I suppose it's not really you... but more what you say that is annoying. It's like a FoxNews The O'Reilly Factor segment where you try and hammer your opinion as the absolute truth down everyone's throats.. it's annoying... but we don't want too change the channel because the Simpsons is on next... so we sit... and wait.. for you to end your segment... so we can start having fun and laughing again..:)

I'm from Europe, so I didn't understand a word you where saying *LOL*

Terra - We don't watch US television here ;)
 
Terra said:
I'm from Europe, so I didn't understand a word you where saying *LOL*

Terra - We don't watch US television here ;)

Bill O'Reilly is a political pundit who hosts a few shows on the Fox News Channel. Most notably "The O'Reilly Factor" in which O'Reilly depicts himself as being a man of facts. He usually goes through a bunch of Conservative Talking Points as if they were undeniable facts. More often then not his attempts at re-writting history are later exposed by his main opponents them being Al Franken (Stuart Smalley from SNL) and Keith Olbermann whom them too go through a bunch of Liberal talking points that contradict O'Reilly.

This is exactly what we do here on HardOCP. The only difference is that Al Franken and Keith Olbermann admit when they're wrong and apologise.. Bill O'Reilly does not. He effectively re-writes history in teh minds of his loyal American viewers.

That's what I'm comparing you too. You never admit when you're wrong and you more then likely have some people who believe some things that you say which could be deemed non-factual.
 
oh, eff that, I'm not moving to Canada, lol. All in good fun though, don't take anything I say serious if it is off topic. Just adding to a rediculous topic that should be closed anyways because its not a ppu.
 
Terra said:
Denmark :)

Terra - Remember the mohammed-crisis? ;)

Ohhhh yes... those images (cartoons) published mocking Islam. Quite a stir they caused in the Muslim world.

You Danish peeps are trying to take away Canadian land. In doing so you've unknowingly woken up a LONNNG dormant Canadian military. We've just bought a bunch of heavy military cargo helicopters, F/A-18's, submarines and land vehicles from our southern neighbours the USA. We've even enrolled in the Joint Strike Fighter program.

Look what you've done to our once peaceful country... all this over 2 islands west of Greenland.

Of course I kid about the seriousness I place in this land dispute.. it belongs to the Inuit.. not Canada or Denmark .:)
 
Borgschulze said:
It's funny, that one card alone is way more expensive, and probably a lot more powerful than my computer, but you know the secret to life, the edit button, please, think of the kittens.

everytimeyoumasturbategodkillsakittenul5.jpg


LMAO
 
Imagine if that was a dx10 gaming video card. Of course, if it was, it would only make me resent people who could actually afford it.
 
ElMoIsEviL said:
That's what I'm comparing you too. You never admit when you're wrong and you more then likely have some people who believe some things that you say which could be deemed non-factual.

This is correct so lets have this thread die since it really doesn't have anything to do with PPU's......
 
How did we get so far off-topic?

On the last page mine and a few other posts were deleted for being off-topic. I think you can add 15 more to that list.
 
The Cell can realistically be used for just about anything. The reason it'll be used for almost nothing is because it's a nightmare for which to develop.
 
R1ckCa1n said:
This is correct so lets have this thread die since it really doesn't have anything to do with PPU's......
You know what? This is a great idea.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top