• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New PC

Where do you live? More importantly, where will you have those items from newegg delivered?
 
I'm from Montenegro(EU) but in 5 days I'm moving to Overland Park, Kansas.
Student exchange program
 
I'm guessing whoever your staying with can help you out in the CC department.
 
Hey again, haven't posted in a while :p

Anyway it took me longer then I thought but today I am finnaly ordering new pc \o/

So, should I change anything to that config? anything new came out or is coming soon? Or should I go ahead and order?
 
I'm so lazy... mind giving us a quick list of what you plan on getting again?
 
MB: ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU: Intel Q9450

GC: ATi 4870; replace with X2 version when out.

Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

HDD: Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive and another faster one.

Optical drive: SAMSUNG Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 16X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 12X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe - OEM - good enough?

PC case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119138


Power suply: Corsair TX 750W ATX 12V Power Supply Think I need more powerful one


Monitor: BenQ G2400WD - got it already, works great.

Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 Max Burst Power: 200 watts Don't need anything better.


Mouse: Razer lachesis

Keyboard: Need advice here too. Got G15 back home. good keyboard but i barely ever use any functions on it. tarantula by razer is just meh... something else?


HSV: XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler + http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233019

Floppy: SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Model

Will use Vista x86
 
Havent really kept up with this thread to much.
-I have the same monitor. The 4870 is more than enough and you will find you dont need the x2.
-I wouldnt get anything cept the WD6400AAKS or comparable drive from another company for price, going with a raptor etc for most is too pricey for the preformance gain if any over the AAKS series.
 
hmm, I thought it would be better to have faster one, so that once i install and copy files it goes faster and run windows faster hmm.
Anything else? I want to order pc tomorrow so I'm sorry if I'm pushing things a bit but I'm dieing for it :(
 
Any single drive faster than the $80 WD6400AAKS probably isn't worth it unless its a Samsung F1.
 
Ok then.

I'll place order for this tonight.
But should I get 1kw psu?

I have 2.5k budget for this PC and I don't want to screw up
 
No you don't need a 1000W PSU. That 750W PSU will be enough.
 
Here is my final configuration. Anything I should change? Got few hours to do so.



ASUS EAH4870X2/HTDI/2G Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB 512-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail

Razer Mantis Control Mouse Pad - Full Retail Multi Language - Retail

ASUS P5Q Pro LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9450 - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

ASUS Gift - ASUS graphic card bundle - Retail

COOLER MASTER Real Power Pro1000 RS-A00-EMBA 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1000 (PC2 8000) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ - Retail

ASUS 20X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model DRW-2014L1T - Retail

XIGMATEK ACK-I7751 Retention Bracket - Retail

Logitech S-220 17 Watts 2.1 Multimedia Speaker System - OEM

RAZER RZ01-00150100 Black 5 Buttons 1 x Wheel USB Optical DeathAdder High Precision Gaming Mouse - Retail

COOLER MASTER COSMOS 1000 RC-1000-KSN1-GP Black/ Silver Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

SAMSUNG Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP - OEM

XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler - Retail

Order Total $1,782.88

Saitek PK02 2-Tone USB Standard Eclipse II Keyboard - Retail

Logitech QuickCam Orbit AF 2.0 MP Effective Pixels USB Interface WebCam - Retail

Order Total $173.30

Thoughts?
 
Back
Top