new pc won't post.

take it to Canada computers over @ Mavis and Eglinton ask for Eric, if you promise to buy w/e fixes your pc from him he should let you test the machine with some generic ram.
 
Borrowed some 1.5v ram and nada, guess that settles that. I went ahead and started a rma with intel.
 
Just got the new i7-920 DO, and it posts. I did have some BSOD issues so I'm trying to figure that out right now. I was hoping the seller would pay for the cross shipping since I had to pick the cross shipping option since he originally shipped me the cpu in a ESD bag without the little plastic holder and I need that to send in the broken cpu. But he is not replying to my pm :(
 
go get one from a local shop.

I got one from the new proc's box. Just an update, the pc has been running issue free and is awaiting overclocking.

Quick Q, the i7-920 is running at 40`C with stock speed and stock voltage. Is that high?
 
It's about normal under the stock HSF, but third-party coolers should be able to run cooler than that.

Which CPU cooler are you using? What about the thermal compound (or TIM)?
 
NH-U12P SE, single fan pushing air through the HS with an even, thin layer of arctic silver 5.
 
Back
Top