• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New nVidia driver patch Anti-ATI-PhysX with..Reverse Gravity..

I lol'd at this one. I've never seen a company go so out of the way to be a bunch of douchebags.

Lets talk about Steve Jobs and all of his recent press release and q&a statements.... Pretty sure he's the leader in techono douchebag points.....
 
This further ensures I won't be buying an nvidia card anytime in the foreseeable future. Physx was lame enough already, walking by paper and it flying around like your fucking Pecos Bill riding a fucking tornado. I can't be the only one who thought the paper in Batman:AA looked ridiculous.

I actually spent $55 on a G80 8800GTS to be able to play that game with PhysX on next to my 5850.

I enjoyed the effects, but they certainly were not anything that couldn't be done in software.
 
IMO, PhysX is amusing if you just happen to have a last-gen Nvidia card laying around. Buying a new card for it is more or less pointless. I don't have an absolute ton of games, but I only own two that can use hardware PhysX, Batman and UT3 (with the PhysX pack). Sure, plenty of games use the software implimentation, but not too many use the hardware one. In the case of UT3, it's as tacked on as possible. There are only a few maps, and they're more of a tech demo than real levels.
Batman's effects are auming, but nothing special. Like dook43 mentioned, software would've worked fine for 90% of it. You don't really interact with the fog or banners. It mainly just offers moving leaves/paper, the occasional cobweb, and the visual enhancements in the Scarecrow fights.

It'll be interesting to see if Batman: AA2 ends up using PhysX again or if they just don't bother.
 
Stop talking about Steve Jobs! ....Everyone knows he gains douchebag points by feeding on our propaganda.
 
GENIUS! ubisoft should make all their games drm free but you pay to have gravity go the right direction, that'll break piracy (that was sarcasm)

Funny enough, game developers actually DO this. Maybe not reverse gravity, but they'll gimp/alter gameplay further into the game if its pirated. There are some great threads where people complain about a "bug" only to find out its a feature, then they get ban hammered.
 
Funny enough, game developers actually DO this. Maybe not reverse gravity, but they'll gimp/alter gameplay further into the game if its pirated. There are some great threads where people complain about a "bug" only to find out its a feature, then they get ban hammered.
yea bioware has been known to do this. good shit IMO
 
lol!
i was considering picking up a 250 or 260 as a secondary card for folding/phyx use. but if nvidia is gonna play childish games like this.. seriously?

don't want to deal with installing special "hacks" or driver problems if i can avoid it.

I was considering the same, but the more I thought about it, I'd have to agree with the following.

IMO, PhysX is amusing if you just happen to have a last-gen Nvidia card laying around. Buying a new card for it is more or less pointless.

I do have an 8800GTX, but have never tried them together. The GTX is F@H in my old rig. (Leaving me 2 working PCs up here.) I kinda want to try it, but I really don't want to stop F@H on that rig for minimal gain in a few games.

I just tried the Batman demo a few days ago on my 5870, and was happy with what I saw. Still not going to buy the game but I thought it looked fine on my hardware. I'll be getting another 5870 at some point, screw PhysX and supporting such childish tactics.

Nvidia has a lot of work to do to earn my respect back. (And the money that comes with it.)
 
Back
Top