New Nintendo Switch Patched Against Hack

Discussion in '[H]ard|OCP Front Page News' started by Kyle_Bennett, Jul 12, 2018.

1. Kyle_Bennett

Kyle_Bennett El Chingón Staff Member

Switch hackers have reported on Twitter that the Fusee Gelee exploit on the Nintendo Switch has been closed. However this is something that has to be done at the factory, and it is believed that Nintendo will never be able to close the specific exploit on Switch devices already sold. That said, you probably don't want to update anyway.

2. DukenukemX

DukenukemX 2[H]4U

I wouldn't be shocked if they put a resistor someplace to fix this.

3. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

A resistor? Really ... there are way too many dudes on these forums that have soldered 13 wires back in the day .... if you know what I mean.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    Armenius likes this.
  4. Pieter3dnow

Pieter3dnow [H]ardness Supreme

Yeah the time Nintendo took was pretty fast fix can't be that complex.

5. [21CW]killerofall

[21CW]killerofall Aliens...

Resistance is futile (if less than 1 ohm)!

Armenius, n31l, Chimpee and 1 other person like this.
  6. Verge

Verge [H]ardness Supreme

Soooo, my switch is worth more now?

Armenius, Vercinaigh and Kyle_Bennett like this.
  7. SixFootDuo

SixFootDuo [H]ardness Supreme

The scene is speculating that prices will go up accordingly. But, I have my doubts this would ever happen. You're going to get a few bone heads trying to do this until Mary Milf down the street sales her Switch because "The kids are not playing it" and then said bone-head will never ever sell his for $500 or whatever outrageous price he tries to get. 20 million Switches are out there, on-top of, there are way too many soccer moms with families, couples, women who own these that they are just never going to get educated about the hack. I already picked my 2 Switches up at $200 a pop. I'm good. Screen is way too tiny for me to see all that detail so it will remain eternally docked. The are saying do not update from the 5:10 firmware.

I'm still legit. Have a few games I'm playing.

Waiting for the Switch scene to mature a bit more over the next few months to see what firmwares are released before I do anything.

8. DukenukemX

DukenukemX 2[H]4U

I'd imagine a true fix will come with a new Switch with more battery life and brighter screen. They're not about to redo the Switch massively so something simple will at least keep the hackers delayed a bit.