• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

New Nintendo Switch Patched Against Hack

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
2FA
Joined
May 18, 1997
Messages
58,442
Switch hackers have reported on Twitter that the Fusee Gelee exploit on the Nintendo Switch has been closed. However this is something that has to be done at the factory, and it is believed that Nintendo will never be able to close the specific exploit on Switch devices already sold. That said, you probably don't want to update anyway.
 
A resistor? Really ... there are way too many dudes on these forums that have soldered 13 wires back in the day .... if you know what I mean.
 
Last edited:
The scene is speculating that prices will go up accordingly. But, I have my doubts this would ever happen. You're going to get a few bone heads trying to do this until Mary Milf down the street sales her Switch because "The kids are not playing it" and then said bone-head will never ever sell his for $500 or whatever outrageous price he tries to get. 20 million Switches are out there, on-top of, there are way too many soccer moms with families, couples, women who own these that they are just never going to get educated about the hack. I already picked my 2 Switches up at $200 a pop. I'm good. Screen is way too tiny for me to see all that detail so it will remain eternally docked. The are saying do not update from the 5:10 firmware.

I'm still legit. Have a few games I'm playing.

Waiting for the Switch scene to mature a bit more over the next few months to see what firmwares are released before I do anything.
 
A resistor? Really ... there are way too many dudes on these forums that have soldered 13 wires back in the day .... if you know what I mean.
I'd imagine a true fix will come with a new Switch with more battery life and brighter screen. They're not about to redo the Switch massively so something simple will at least keep the hackers delayed a bit.
 
Back
Top