New NEC LED monitor - MultiSync EX231W

Tisca

Limp Gawd
http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/hardware/30951/nec-coming-multisync-ex231w-led-backlit-monitor

This month NEC is set to debut the MultiSync EX series, a "high performance, future-ready and ecological range of desktop displays" that feature an ultra-slim design (dubbed Office Cool) and "high-quality features." The first model in the EX series is the 23-inch MultiSync EX231W.

Coming in black and white, the EX231W has a TN panel, a W-LED backlight, a native resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, a 5ms response time, a contrast ratio of 1,000:1 (25,000:1 DCR), DVI and DIsplayPort outputs (one of each), a USB port, an ambient light sensor and a human sensor for saving power, and a stand that enables height adjustment and includes tilt and swivel functionality.

The MultiSync EX231W is backed by a three-year warranty and is supposed to hit stores priced at €359.

WoW! "Future-ready" Time to dump my "future-not-ready" NEC 2690 into the history.

This monitor is horrible. Wish I had done a bit more research. Have 2 NEC LCD 2470WNXs and loving them I thought this would be a good bet. It's not such a good bet. First day and I think it's going to go back. I guess there is a reason i paid 7~~ for these a few years back and this one was 2~~.

This thing has extremely poor viewing range. Best when viewed directly in front. If you go up (like standing up or have it on the side - beacuse it's the 3rd monitor in your setup it's horrible). Text DV mode is about the best mode for it but the color in it is more horrible.. As if that's even possible on this thing. All blues seem to have a tad of grey/colorlessness that I just can not get out no matter what color profile or how much I play with every hardware/software setting available.

Isn't NEC making a TN panel analogous to Chateau Margeaux making a wine cooler? I just don't get it.

Isn't NEC making a TN panel analogous to Chateau Margeaux making a wine cooler? I just don't get it.

Not if people aren't aware that it is a TN, what a TN is. etc.

This world's philosophy seems to be that if you can take a literal dump, put it in a glittery box, throw a price tag on it, put in a display window and get somebody to buy it then by all means repeat this model across the country and across the globe..

EA232WMi is E-IPS and has LED backlighting. I think I would prefer that. It's an incremental upgrade to the EA231WMi which had CCFL.Of course being E-IPS the response time isn't anywhere near 5ms.

NEC's EA line a slight upgrade over the EX line?

Please tell me so because I have a NEC EA192M-BK that's supposed to arrive later today and I am pretty sure the EX231W has to go back and I'd like to not have to send both back. I can't stand the dreary colors and the overbrightness.

Back