New MW2 Map pack..

deweatherly

Supreme [H]ardness
So i got online last night and noticed there was a new map pack. It's called the resurrection pack, The maps all seem to be pretty good. The Trailer park is my favorite thus far. They also added Vacant from COD4, which IMO is very nice, another great map from the last game.

the pack includes 5 maps 4 new and 1 old.

I pretty much stopped following the game since i rarely game anymore, but it was a nice find. i suggest if you like the game to go online and buy it.

yes sir, but it is worth it to me, I'll get way more than 15 dollars worth of entertainment out of that than i will probably anything else for 15 bucks, but i know it controversial and not everyone feels the same but if you are a MW2 fan you will probably be impressed with the maps. Honestly, I think these might be the most creative maps thus far in the COD series.

And that doesn't say a whole lot either, considering most of the maps are just squares and more squares.

So i got online last night and noticed there was a new map pack. It's called the resurrection pack, The maps all seem to be pretty good. The Trailer park is my favorite thus far. They also added Vacant from COD4, which IMO is very nice, another great map from the last game.

I pretty much stopped following the game since i rarely game anymore, but it was a nice find. i suggest if you like the game to go online and buy it.

I must say I'm not surprised that the Trailer Park is your favorite map.

The concern I have with these map packs is how many times you want to pay for the same map that was in a former release. Both DLC packs had previous maps from COD4, so almost one DLC included maps from the previous release.
Yes they were "updated", so some work was involved. However to justify a seperate paid DLC, and not be included in the retail release, is too much for me to support.
Just unfortunate as they are selling well so they have no reason to change these concepts in the future.

There are 3 new and 2 old, in keeping with the format from the last map pack. Vacant and Strike are the 2 old maps from COD4. :cool:

Why couldn't they have brought back Wet Work. I looooove that map. :mad:

wet work blows big balls noob tube fest on that map man. now with javelins too you woill live for 2.3 seconds lol

LoL,

Got to hand it to you for actually responding, i must say it is a little late, all the times i have repeatedly called you out on false information you finally answered, although personal i will credit you the fact that you did get me.

There are 3 new and 2 old, in keeping with the format from the last map pack. Vacant and Strike are the 2 old maps from COD4. :cool:

Strike, can you give a brief description of it? that was the only one i didnt play last night and it did not ring a bell... i thought it was new :rolleyes:

For $15 I can think of several full games I could get that will provide me upwards of 15-20 hours for single player, and well beyond that for multiplayer. Then again, I was never much interested in MW2. I just had to come by and see what everyone else would say about this...

Needless to say, it was worth it. :D

Just looked up the map and meh, not my favorite map, there are several maps i would have used in place of strike. Vacent was a good choice to bring back, i would have liked to seen Corssfire or Count down before strike...

People who enjoy hacking do.
Yea cause ya know, it never happens with any other game :rolleyes:.

Seriously guys, give it a rest with the tired old BS.
Some people like the game some don't. If you don't then just skip threads like these instead of coming in and trolling them.

As for the map pack, well I don't own the game but it is good to see that it's still going strong :).

wet work blows big balls noob tube fest on that map man. now with javelins too you woill live for 2.3 seconds lol

My friend restricted himself to only knifing and using C4 on that map. It was fun to watch him achieve a minimum of a 5:1 kdr every time.

The other previous map pack is now open for general use. I've seen them on regular TDM.

I probabaly won't get this map pack and just wait for them to be open for everyone. Ast one lasted a month or so before going general public.

It's called the resurgence pack, and its 5 maps, 3 new, 2 old.

Yea cause ya know, it never happens with any other game :rolleyes:.

Seriously guys, give it a rest with the tired old BS.
Some people like the game some don't. If you don't then just skip threads like these instead of coming in and trolling them.

As for the map pack, well I don't own the game but it is good to see that it's still going strong :).

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, do you? MW2 is the grand kingpin of hack infestation. More than even Counterstrike ever was. In 10 years of online gaming it is the first one where the hacking actually became prevalent enough to stop me from playing it. It's a minor annoyance in other games. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a hacker in TF2 in 2000+ hours. I don't have enough appendages on my body to count the number of hackers you'll find in 2 hours of playing MW2 Ground War.

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, do you? MW2 is the grand kingpin of hack infestation. More than even Counterstrike ever was. In 10 years of online gaming it is the first one where the hacking actually became prevalent enough to stop me from playing it. It's a minor annoyance in other games. I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen a hacker in TF2 in 2000+ hours. I don't have enough appendages on my body to count the number of hackers you'll find in 2 hours of playing MW2 Ground War.
Actually I do. I've played both free weekends so far, the weekends everyone said that cheaters would be "rampant", and only seen maybe 3-4 possible cheaters.
Where as with BFBC2 I see people getting kicked left and right for cheating. Yea with BFBC2 atleast people can get banned for cheating but I have seen way more people getting the boot from it than I've seen cheating in MW2.

Ever stop to think that maybe the player in MW2 are just better than you and you thought they was cheating ;).

Actually I do. I've played both free weekends so far, the weekends everyone said that cheaters would be "rampant", and only seen maybe 3-4 possible cheaters.
Where as with BFBC2 I see people getting kicked left and right for cheating. Yea with BFBC2 atleast people can get banned for cheating but I have seen way more people getting the boot from it than I've seen cheating in MW2.

Ever stop to think that maybe the player in MW2 are just better than you and you thought they was cheating ;).

Go look on youtube for MW2 cheaters. The people getting banned in BC2 are just using aimbots, there is some crazy stuff going on in MW2. Your anecdotal experience doesn't really mean anything.

Go look on youtube for MW2 cheaters. The people getting banned in BC2 are just using aimbots, there is some crazy stuff going on in MW2. Your anecdotal experience doesn't really mean anything.
And yours does, cause youtube says so? lol.

Ohhh youtube, lol. Give me a break, I can go on youtube and find mad amounts of cheaters for every game out.
Give me a break, lol

Like I said in my first post, if you don't like the game then please don't bother posting in a thread pertaining to it. I do believe that's called trolling maybe? I could be wrong though, lol.

Theres a shit ton of cheaters on mw2 pc everyday. Its to where to get a fair game you have to delete your stats to play with the low KDR players.

It's called the resurgence pack, and its 5 maps, 3 new, 2 old.
My bad, didnt really research it...

Such a loaded comment, everyone is always talking about all the hacking, yet i rarely see it. people are still mad because MW2 went against the grain so people bash it every way possible. please people this thread isn't about anything else but the new maps, if you don't like MW2 please refrain from entering this thread just to talk shit to the people who do.

MW2 is the grand kingpin of hack infestation? hehehe More like Frontlines Fuel of War took that title :p

. Its to where to get a fair game you have to delete your stats to play with the low KDR players.

is that what it takes to get a fair game in mw2? thats strange since the host has all the advantage in this sorry ass game.

is that what it takes to get a fair game in mw2? thats strange since the host has all the advantage in this sorry ass game.
I see this is your first post in almost a month, your last 3 were also to troll MW2 threads. What a surprise, lol.

Other than not having dedicated servers there is not much wrong with this game that makes it all that bad. People just need to get over it. Don't like it don't buy it and please don't troll threads about it.

fail for such shitty maps.

have you played them? i can't see anyone calling them shitty, IMO they are all great maps, i would have brought back a different map than strike but it is pretty good. The new maps are all great, well balanced lots of detail, very versatile (could be great for most all game modes).

Or are you just trolling? seems to be the popular thing to do in MW2 threads.

Looks like a another thread is derailed by immature little kids who can't stay on topic.

Last edited:
it's absurd that the incessant bitching about MW2 still hasn't stopped.

Crybaby.jpg

it's absurd that the incessant bitching about MW2 still hasn't stopped.

No shit. I play a couple of hours everyday on the PC and almost never see a hacker. If there is one, I usually still come out on top. Just makes me better. Quit crying people! I'll gladly buy the map pack.

No shit. I play a couple of hours everyday on the PC and almost never see a hacker. If there is one, I usually still come out on top. Just makes me better. Quit crying people! I'll gladly buy the map pack.
I concur

I'm reluctant to get this map pack simply because I don't like the COD4 maps they've included. I know it's all a matter of preference but surely they could have chosen a better map than Strike for this? Vacant is so-so... not bad but not great either. Are the new ones really good enough to carry the pack?

I got a question guys. Im playing cod4 and want to get MW2 now. AM i reading the thread right that the first map pack they released is now free? If so I may just go to wally world right now and pick it up. Cod4 is about to make my eyes bleed lol. I played mw2 on ps3 then going to cod4 on pc really sucks.

To be honest I have stayed away from MW2 because I heard alot of crap about it, but really with the map packs im sure mw2 will be going good online for another year at least as most of the people are anti treyarch. Please lety me know if that first map pack is free now becuase I'll throw my kid in the car and roll to wally world lol...

Back