new mobo

snefan

Limp Gawd
so my year old P5B isnt up to my needs and i need a new one with good OC options.

budget is around 120 euro

Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L Intel P43 Motherboard - $90
MSI P45 Neo3-FR Intel P45 Motherboard - $107
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R Intel P45 Motherboard - $128
Asus P5Q Pro Intel P45 Motherboard - $140
Biostar TPower I45 Intel P45 Motherboard - $150
DFI Lanparty DK X38-T2R Intel X38 Motherboard - $180
Asus P5E Deluxe Intel X48 Motherboard - $220
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2R Intel X48 Motherboard - $220
Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 Intel X48 Motherboard - $225

Just to help you out: All of these motherboards have PCI-E 2.0 which may be useful for future GPU upgrades. If you don't need RAID, more than 6 SATA ports and only need semi-decent overclocking, check out the DS3L. If you need 8 SATA ports, RAID, 4 PCI slots, and legacy ports, then get the Neo3-Fr. If you don't need more than 6 SATA ports but want RAID, firewire, a second PCI-E x16 port, a second gigabit port, support for 16GB of RAM, optional eSATA, x8/x8 Crossfire, and high overclocks, then get the DS3R. If you like the DS3R but need 8 SATA ports, want an onboard pre-installed fast booting Linux setup, only need support for 8GB of RAM and don't need a second gigabit port, get the Asus P5Q Pro. If you want a motherboard with excellent overclocking capabilities, two eSATA ports and two PCI-E x16 ports, go with the I45. If you want Crossfire with full x16/x16 bandwidth, get the Lanparty DK X38. If you have cash to burn and don't give a damn about getting the most value for your money, get the Asus, DFI, or Gigabyte X48 motherboards. Do note that the Asus website can be slow sometimes.

i am on a budget, so i cant throw away too much cash
the DK X38 is €50 too much where i live (sweden)

wont need more ram, raid, crossfire, esata or any luxury stuff, only need a good overclocker under €150 (which is absolutely MAX what i can spend)

is there a website you're getting your prices from that we can look at to help you shop. the gigabyte ep43-ds3l is a pretty good and simple overclocker and the cheapest out of those.

this and this site. the prices are the numbers with :- after them (divide by 10 and u got the price in euros)

wont need more ram, raid, crossfire, esata or any luxury stuff, only need a good overclocker under €150 (which is absolutely MAX what i can spend)

I still linked to three very good overclockers:
Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3R Intel P45 Motherboard - $128
Asus P5Q Pro Intel P45 Motherboard - $140
Biostar TPower I45 Intel P45 Motherboard - $150

The Biostar motherboard actually overclocks better than the two other motherboards but it is not available on those two sites you linked to. But the other two motherboards are still good overclockers.

yeah go with danny's recommendation of the gigabyte ep45-ds3r its only 117 euros on the first site you linked

Back