New Microcode 0.0.7.2 is out

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
THis is interesting. So I just updated my b450 board(Gigabyte) to the new Agesa 0.0.7.2 which is released from AMD to provide support for upcoming zen 2.

Woot!

We are getting closer!

THis is interesting. So I just updated my b450 board(Gigabyte) to the new Agesa 0.0.7.2 which is released from AMD to provide support for upcoming zen 2.

Woot!

We are getting closer!
Yep, got the F30 Bios for my B450 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi! Can't wait!

Yep, got the F30 Bios for my B450 Aorus Pro Wi-Fi! Can't wait!

I am not sure if my b450 has enough power delivery for the 16 core 5.1 ghz chip that is supposed to be coming out but I will try it unless, the lesser models can be clocked as high.

hopefully the lesser models like the 12 core or whatever can be clocked that high either overriding or using pbo 2 or 3 whatever it will be called.

I do not need another 16 core part as I have a 2950x already.

Will give this a try soon in my little athlon 200ge box, i hope they haven't broken the overclocking on it :)

I've been hex core Intel HEDT for what seems a decade. First Sandybridge-E then Ivy-E. I personally am looking at hex or octo Zen 2 when it comes out. I think either way I'm at an IPC and frequency gain at that point.

Will give this a try soon in my little athlon 200ge box, i hope they haven't broken the overclocking on it :)

What board do you have that allows overclocking the 200ge? I have one of those chips. its in an a 320 board right now but I have a 450 I might try.

I've been hex core Intel HEDT for what seems a decade. First Sandybridge-E then Ivy-E. I personally am looking at hex or octo Zen 2 when it comes out. I think either way I'm at an IPC and frequency gain at that point.

Big time probably

0.0.7.2? Is that a generic microcode number that means it supports the Zen 2 cpu? If so the Asrock AB350 Pro4 has that update as well.

0.0.7.2? Is that a generic microcode number that means it supports the Zen 2 cpu? If so the Asrock AB350 Pro4 has that update as well.
I saw that but the release notes say it only supports the recently released 2xxGE parts. I'm guessing there will be another update as the products get introduced. May be that 0.0.7.2 does support the new products for testing but it's hard to tell.

What board do you have that allows overclocking the 200ge? I have one of those chips. its in an a 320 board right now but I have a 450 I might try.
B450i Aorus Pro Wifi, 3.8Ghz all core (all two of them :p) oc was really simple, set and forget. It could probably go a little higher but i'll wait until i feel liking playing around with voltages a bit to give it a try.

A lot of boards can do it, for gigabyte check the bios note "Improve performance on Athlon 200-series APU"

From what i've experienced/read 3.7 - 3.9 should be doable without changing any other setting than the multiplier - i had a crash at 3.9 (auto volt) so rolled it back a little and it's been rock solid. I think a few sites have gotten 4.0/4.1 with manual voltage though. Thermals aren't really a problem with such a low TDP even with the tiny stock cooler.

Lugging it to my partner's place as a spare pc I've played a fair bit of WoW with it paired with a HD7850 and it's been absolutely playable knocking back the settings a little. I definitely don't regret cheaping out on it waiting for the 3000 series. Heavy multitasking cripples it a bit but i'm used to my TR system so i'm probably asking a bit too much of the little chip.

Asrock x470 Taichi has the AGESA to 0.0.7.2 update . Bios 3.10

Going to try it a bit later today .

Not only this but, Asrock also pushed out a bios update in less than 3 weeks that fixed an issue I had with a WD Sata M.2 SSD not showing in the bios! Excellent work! (Asrock Fatality B450 mITX)

Last edited:
Not only this but, Asrock also pushed out a bios update in less than 3 weeks that fixed an issue I had with a WD Sata M.2 SSD not showing in the bios! Excellent work! (Asrock Fatality B450 mITX)

Oh, they fixed this issue this past Monday? Well damn, if I didn't have to leave out for work last Sunday, I could've saved a few bucks. Ordered a M.2 to SATA adapter last week, and installed it yesterday.

I hope you guys are not on Windows 7. Updating those BIOSes from Agesa 070 on, need a mandatory update of your chipset drivers, and those are only Windows 10 compatible.
On Windows 7, you have to stay away from all Ryzen APU, but (this is new) also from non APU Zen 2. This is a damn shame as Windows 7 is still a much better OS. You are much more efficient on W10. It also runs faster and you're all in control and M$ doesn't bother you with forced updates. W10 UI is made for low IQ and sponsored by duchebags, and it's all about spying on your personal life and work.

This is a damn shame as Windows 7 is still a much better OS. You are much more efficient on W10. It also runs faster and you're all in control and M$ doesn't bother you with forced updates. W10 UI is made for low IQ and sponsored by duchebags, and it's all about spying on your personal life and work.

Was any of that needed?

I'm still using a 3970X. Has served me well but would love to get into an octo core Zen 2 system.

If you didn't do it yet, don't. I updated my TCU today and the new BIOS is totally stripped out, loads of options are just gone and the fans only have options of motherboard or CPU now (now TCtl) but what is not CPU seems to be TCtl so they spin up like mad.

Very disappointed so far and it seems less stable.

I hope they get a 1.0xxxxx one otu soon that puts things back and fixes it up.

If you didn't do it yet, don't. I updated my TCU today and the new BIOS is totally stripped out, loads of options are just gone and the fans only have options of motherboard or CPU now (now TCtl) but what is not CPU seems to be TCtl so they spin up like mad.

My Gigabyte didnt lose any functionality

In addition to my previous post, PBO does not seem to work at all.

It looks like a complete screw up somwhere.

I have an Asus X370-A and a Crosshair VI Hero, both with R7 2700X CPUs andthe new AGESA 0.0.7.2. PBO works fine on both boards.

You sure the options just didn't get hidden? Gigabyte motherboards used to be notorious for this back before UEFI came out. You had to press CTRL + F1 to access advanced setup options. I've also seen it on several UEFI boards from Asus, MSI and Gigabyte, they'll have some hotkey that enables the advanced setup options.

If you read my post about x399 working fine I'm an idiot and mistyped.

X399 doesnt have this microcode.

I meant my b450. It definitely has this code and works fine. I deleted my x399 comment as to not mislead anyone. That was a typo sorry.

Back