New Lian Li's coming

Originally posted by STRESSTEST
Someone's gotta be carring the stuff here though... maybe

:eek:

anyway, any idea on the availability of the new lian-lis? that G5'ish one is calling to me

Originally posted by Pepsiholic
Nice, but don't like the wheel things.

I find it hard to believe that somebody would base their buying decision for a case like this on its interface with the floor.

Besides even if you couldn't take them off with tools whats
stoping anyone from useing a dremel to cut off the wheels and wheel base. :cool:

Okay, official word is these are mochups (Prototypes) and there WILL be some tweaks made.

The official release is scheduled for "April-ish"

I'll have more pics prior to the release, hopefully :)

Issues/questions for the cases so far:

1) Intake fans for the top chamber, are they doing something like coolermasters or a removeable bracket for intakes?

2) Top mounted blowhole?

3) How solid is the side panel mounting? i.e. vibration type of noise?

4) lateral movement on the wheelbase, vs. just back and forth - is that viable?

5) Price points comparable to current models?

Originally posted by Xeese
5) Price points comparable to current models?

i forsee them being more around "painful" imho lol :eek:

Can't find any details on release dates or pricing... anyone have firm info?

lol, lian-li cases - the normal cases look like 80's rejects and the new ones just look like theyve stolen designs from apple and anywhere else they can. lol.

^^ not a lian-li fan ;) Their build quality and feature set is nice tho, but ive never thought the price was worth it. That seperate hard drive bay is pretty nice too.

I'm not a fan, the front face plate sucks, and it's a freakin Apple wannabe, argh. I admire Lian-Li for their quality, but their design is going down the drain

Those things look like a CoolerMaster and a G5 got it on.

And I don't see some of you are going on about the great cooling potential, because there isn't one. There is a big metal shelf seperating the intake fan from the exhaust fan. There in NO airflow between the two fans in those cases.

v-1200-2.jpg

Ok, so the PSU goes in the bottom right (see the srews?). I think that would be a close stretch from the bottom right to the upper left to an optical drive, while still looking neat.

Wait... Better yet, how are the wires getting to the 2nd floor? Definatly chaning before releasing.

This case looks better

sm.jpg

Too bad it's not avail in the US. Would cost a ton to ship from Japan.

comes in diff colors too

bl.jpg

01.jpg

Takes a 120ml fan I am in Love !

I like the way the Lian Li cases look but I don't know why they would make a design that peple think is copied from apple. I do however like that case that is not available in the US.

Who is the manafacturer and how much to get it shipped to the ?US ?

$450+/- :confused:

:( can't afford it.

On the other hand it's kind of funny how they have the S4 series and the RS4 series :D reminds me of my favorite Audi's

other cases from them are avail here. Ie: small factor cubes..and other cases.

i want this.

Originally posted by BlckRaven
This case looks better

sm.jpg

comes in diff colors too

Takes a 120ml fan I am in Love !

see if Screamworx will sell you one. They use them in their PCs www.screamworx.com

Originally posted by brycejones
see if Screamworx will sell you one. They use them in their PCs www.screamworx.com

:eek:
$1,500 for a P4 3GHz + 1Gig mem + 9800 + 160GB HDD?

Do people actualy BUY computers they can build for like a little over half (%61) the cost?

Pricewatch:
3.2GHz = $277
Corsair PC3200 1GB = $246
160GB SATA = $107
9800np = $135
P4C800 = $158
-----------------------
total: $932

And I used a way better motherboard, that shuttle fb-61 can kiss my butt. :) AND needless to say, since we are all [H]ard here we would be getting a 2.4GHz and upping it to 3.2 so theres $100 off the price tag.

Granted Pricewatch is buyer beware territory, but if you use in conjunction with resellerratings then your fine.

oooh, give me 50, those are awesome, i dont dig the rounded edges on the apple one though, but the other ones look very server like, wow :eek:

kinda supprised you guys havent said anything about them being BTX :p *cough*

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure those aren't BTX-spec cases. Last I knew, BTX still had the expansion slots at the bottom of the MoBo (in a vertical case), and those cases clearly have the expansion slots at the top. All they did was flop the MoBo tray over to the other side of the case, thereby inverting everything... It'll definitely pose a new set of challenges for cooling...

Originally posted by Tech_Paradox
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure those aren't BTX-spec cases. Last I knew, BTX still had the expansion slots at the bottom of the MoBo (in a vertical case), and those cases clearly have the expansion slots at the top. All they did was flop the MoBo tray over to the other side of the case, thereby inverting everything... It'll definitely pose a new set of challenges for cooling...

we determined this a few pages back... more than once ;)

when all else fails, go to the source

http://www.lian-li.com/product.php?action=viewPD&prdid=1194

Product Specification:
*DIMENSION:210X450X490mm(W,H,D)
*Drive bays: 5x5.25", 1x3.5", 6x3.5" internal
*Fan: 2 x 12CM ball bearing fans
*M/B type: ATX & pentium 4 (MAX SIZE: 12"x9.6")
*Front I/O: IEEE 1394 port x 1
USB 2.0 x 2 MIC x 1; EAR x 1

Product Feature / Commentary:
*Slidable M/B tray
*Horizontal converter kit for hidden HDD
*Super bright HDD and PWR LED; adjustable multi-color LED light effect
*Tool- less detachable front panel
*Aluminum CD/DVD ROM bezel x 1; FDD bezel x 1

Originally posted by BlckRaven
This case looks better

sm.jpg

comes in diff colors too

A little OT but do these side panels with the million holes really help cooling? I'm def. a noob but I read somewhere that directed airflow should be better than this kind of holes.
Any opinions on this? (sorry for being OT but the Lian-Li s also seem to use these mesh stuff...)

Thanks, Günther

yes but the lan-li's have the mesh on the front and back, like the G5's so it still keeps with the whole directed cooling thing...

making a side panel out of mesh is retarded imo

personally if they make the full towers in black, i would rip my vapochill out and put in one of those.

Back