New Lian Li's coming

I must be the only one who thinks the wheels are an awesome idea. Then again other than the Guy from Project Hideout I don't know many people with a number of comptuers side by side on the floor. I have mine on a shelf with limited space and I find lifting the machines out to be a real pain and if I could just roll them forward it'd save so much effor.

Originally posted by matoch
I must be the only one who thinks the wheels are an awesome idea. Then again other than the Guy from Project Hideout I don't know many people with a number of comptuers side by side on the floor. I have mine on a shelf with limited space and I find lifting the machines out to be a real pain and if I could just roll them forward it'd save so much effor.

I like the idea of wheels, I'm just not sure what I think of those. I kinda like them, but they might look goofy in person. But I would love to have some wheels on my case too. Make it easier to slide out and clean and whatnot.

Wow, I really like these cases. And for those that don't like the wheels, I've never seen any company make the casters not removeable. It's not like they will be riveted on, most likely just some bolts (even if they ARE riveted, it's not like it would kill your to drill them out).

Just looking at it (I'm talking about the first one since I like that MUCH more than the second one) you can see that a WC setup would be PERFECT!!! Because the CPU socket would be on the bottom, it's in a prime location because the distance to the pump (at the bottom) and the rad (presumably at the back) is so close together!

My only complaint really is that the air duct at the bottom only cools the HD's and hence the mobo doesn't have an intake, and then the mobo only has an exhaust and the HD's don't. If they could figure out how to fix that design constraint, I can't see a reason not to get one (unless these things cost like 200+ and even then it's still afordable to many).

Speaking of which, does someone know the estimated price point?

Originally posted by FLECOM
its not BTX, looks more like WTX to me imo...

and they are both way to big imo... the G5 one is aweomse but it shouldent have so many 5 1/4" bays imo... look at the pics, those cases are HUGE and very deep...

My first thought was WTX too ...

Like em :D

Man these cases rock, cant wait to get one. For those of you who dont like the casters then take them off. If they are anything like my server cases then they are just bolted on there. For anyone who's job it is to actually work on computer hardware (like me) it would be a blessing to actually be able to roll someone's computer out rather than cramp up into a little ball and get under their desk to work on it or unplug everything to take it back to the lab.

the second one (the non-g5 lookin thing) looks great for a server, but it needs more of the 5inch bays (many dual hight HD to put in it. it still looks nice, but it is not rack mountable :( needs to be rack mountable if they want to sell it to all the admins for work.

I bet if you put two of the towers next to each other, they will be just as wide as a 19" shelf.

Many full-towers meet this spec.

Dam these are nice. The wheels and the mesh look both work for me. I would buy one right now if I could!

Originally posted by mcryptic
not my type

cases shouldn't have doors or wheels.
Doors I can live with, the wheels make it look like a suitcase. They better come up with something a lot better than that if they expect me to switch from my PC-65B.

it looks like ATX flipped, it cant be BTX, since in btx, the front fan blows right on the CPU.

Originally posted by Icewindius
Those are the fucking ugliest IMac looking things I have ever seen. Yuck......

yes it looks SO much like an iMac, your right :rolleyes:

Originally posted by V0ltage
it looks like ATX flipped, it cant be BTX, since in btx, the front fan blows right on the CPU.

we have determined this more than once now in the thread ;)

Originally posted by STRESSTEST
First image fixed for you IE users......

didnt work in opera either :p :p

also that second case looks like it would have absolutely horrible airflow... if you look the door is a solid piece of metal, those lines are just for looks... it has absolutely NO air intake

and the wheels on both cases make them look like they are on skateboards imo rofl ;)

Originally posted by FLECOM
also that second case looks like it would have absolutely horrible airflow... if you look the door is a solid piece of metal, those lines are just for looks... it has absolutely NO air intake

I was noticing the same thing. I'm wondering what exactly they have in mind, if anything, to deal with that.

This is really great though - I now know the Lian-Li has actual DESIGNERS! Current Lian Lis look like piss unmodded, I dunno what the big deal is. They are rectangular prisms with some holes - a 5 year old could have come up with them.

The cases pictured are gorgeous.

nifty...

at first i thought it was ATX just flipped but then i noticed that it was supportin BTX

Maybe I'm not seeing something here, but they all look like they have horrible air flow.

The first two look like there is a shelf seperating the upper half (motherboard and exhaust fan) from the lower half (intake fan). It looks big enough to obstruct the airflow from the intake fan to the motherboard.

Originally posted by Mad_Pyro
This is really great though - I now know the Lian-Li has actual DESIGNERS! Current Lian Lis look like piss unmodded, I dunno what the big deal is. They are rectangular prisms with some holes - a 5 year old could have come up with them.

The cases pictured are gorgeous.

Ahh, yes, they do. But did you know that a bunch of Lian Li designers and engineers left to start a new company? :p

Originally posted by STRESSTEST
Ahh, yes, they do. But did you know that a bunch of Lian Li designers and engineers left to start a new company? :p

i missed this i think... explain? ;)

If I just knew when the new Lian-Lis were shipping (or the ColdForge stuff) I would be at least halfway knowledgeable.

I just wish they'd make a cube version of one of those full-size chassis. That would look sweet!

Kingwin's cases are made by beantech too, not actually manufactured by Kingwin.

And those lian li cases are ugly, they could of come up with something better. just my 2 cents.

Um yeah my only concern is price to cooling. It seems like these cases look really cool but if there going to cost around 300 bucks then forget it. I already bought one lian-li for 165 and thats the max i will spend on a case.

Back