New Lian Li PC- Q11 itx case : Specification & Feature

Can anyone suggest a simple blu-ray drive (read blu-ray only, and burn DVD/CDs) that will fit with the stealth bezel?

I bought a samsung SH-B123L/BSBP, but found the eject button doesn't line up with the button on the stealth bezel.

Do the LG drives work? Like the CH10LS20.AUAU? Looks like the eject button is recessed, but I can't tell from the pictures.

Ideally want to spend <£50.

can anyone with an EVGA GTX 570 HD in their q11 tell me what temp readings they are averaging on their gpu and cpu? also if they have an HDD below their gpu.

im worried if i go with the 570 HD it would dump too much heat into the case and cause some issues with my hdd.

just completed my build today.

I would just like to point out something very important...

I have a ZOTAC H67 itx MoBo and bought a Scythe Shuriken rev B heatsink to fit on it however when I fitted it, it covered one of the two DIMM slots and was unable to fit my two Dominator sticks in. In the end I had to remove it clean the paste off and install the stock heatsink on my i5 2500 core.

Maybe I did something wrong but I am pretty sure this is a no go.

If anyone has any further info to back this up, I would like to hear it.

Regards,

Caplinski

Can anyone suggest a simple blu-ray drive (read blu-ray only, and burn DVD/CDs) that will fit with the stealth bezel?

I bought a samsung SH-B123L/BSBP, but found the eject button doesn't line up with the button on the stealth bezel.

Do the LG drives work? Like the CH10LS20.AUAU? Looks like the eject button is recessed, but I can't tell from the pictures.

Ideally want to spend <£50.

The LG drive you are looking at appears to have the same bezel as my LG drive. Mine works fine with the case bezel.

Another thing you could do is make your own stealth bezel which will work with any drive. Just get a Lian Li bay cover, cut off the metal from the sides (a Nibbler is my tool of choice) and stick it onto the drive tray with double-sided mounting adhesive. You'll get the cleanest stealth look possible, with the bonus of being able to remove the drive without needing to remove the motherboard.

Another thing you could do is make your own stealth bezel which will work with any drive. Just get a Lian Li bay cover, cut off the metal from the sides (a Nibbler is my tool of choice) and stick it onto the drive tray with double-sided mounting adhesive. You'll get the cleanest stealth look possible, with the bonus of being able to remove the drive without needing to remove the motherboard.

Thats what I did to my Q07. Works great. But you still got to remove the motherboard to gain access to the screws on that side.

With respect to the PC-Q11 and a potential setup using a Corsair H60 with dual fans (Shorter psu on order). The ram available for the build is G.Skill F3-12800CL8D 2x4gb. Will there be ram clearance (Height) issues if the proposed radiator/fan setup is used?

Last edited:
With respect to the PC-Q11 and a potential setup using a Corsair H60 with dual fans (Shorter psu on order). The ram available for the build is G.Skill F3-12800CL8D 2x54gb. Will there be ram clearance (Height) issues if the proposed radiator/fan setup is used?

Stuffing 108GB into a case this small -- there will be issues ;)
On a more serious note Ripjaws (taller heatsinks) or ECO (standard height)?

20-231-445-TS

can anyone with an EVGA GTX 570 HD in their q11 tell me what temp readings they are averaging on their gpu and cpu? also if they have an HDD below their gpu.

im worried if i go with the 570 HD it would dump too much heat into the case and cause some issues with my hdd.

I have an EVGA GTX 570 HD in mine as well as a HDD and SSD below the video card (drives side by side on the drive bays and not on top of one another). I get idle temps on the 570 at about 40-45 degrees. On full load, the highest I've seen it at is about 88-90 degrees after a few hours of intense gaming.

One thing that is important to mention though is that I have a corsair H50 cooling my cpu so this might actually limit the airflow in my computer case because of the radiator attached to the main case fan. But it also might cool down the case because my cpu or cpu cooler isn't really radiating any heat and I've never seen my cpu go above 50 degrees (idle in low 30s).

As for issues with heat and the harddrive, I'm not too sure I can speak to that. I try to use my SSD for most things so I'm hoping heat won't be an issue?

Last edited:
Has anyone got the PC-Q11 that comes with the internal USB 3.0 cable with 20 pin plug USB 3.0 motherbaord headers? This is great, but I'd like to know if there is still a pass thru option? very few mini-ITX boards have the USB 3.0 internal header, particularly the Intel ones that I was supposed to be ordering next week!

See the new Lian Li catalogue, it shows all of the USB 3.0 models now using the new cable: http://www.lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/online-dm/Lian-Li-2011-catalogue.rar I much prefer the internal option, just as long as there is still a splitter cable available to utilise the rear I/O USB 3.0 ports when the build requires it.

For anyone who cares, the mini-ITX LGA 1155 boards with USB 3.0 motherboard headers are:

• ASUS P8H67-I Deluxe
  • Biostar TH61 ITX
  • all of the Zotac (H61, H67, Z68)
Intel, ASRock, Gigabyte & Sapphire currently aren't offering mini-ITX with the 20 pin internal header.

What is the correct way of hooking up an h50 or h60 in this case? Also will the backplate of an h60 fit on the Asrock Itx boards?

What is the correct way of hooking up an h50 or h60 in this case? Also will the backplate of an h60 fit on the Asrock Itx boards?

i used a 140mm to 120mm adapter plate to fit a h50 in place. still have the adapter here that i dont need now

Jen

Has anyone got the PC-Q11 that comes with the internal USB 3.0 cable with 20 pin plug USB 3.0 motherbaord headers? This is great, but I'd like to know if there is still a pass thru option? very few mini-ITX boards have the USB 3.0 internal header, particularly the Intel ones that I was supposed to be ordering next week!

See the new Lian Li catalogue, it shows all of the USB 3.0 models now using the new cable: http://www.lian-li.com/v2/tw/product/upload/online-dm/Lian-Li-2011-catalogue.rar I much prefer the internal option, just as long as there is still a splitter cable available to utilise the rear I/O USB 3.0 ports when the build requires it.

For anyone who cares, the mini-ITX LGA 1155 boards with USB 3.0 motherboard headers are:

• ASUS P8H67-I Deluxe
  • Biostar TH61 ITX
  • all of the Zotac (H61, H67, Z68)
Intel, ASRock, Gigabyte & Sapphire currently aren't offering mini-ITX with the 20 pin internal header.

The one I received was the opposite. Had the external cable as standard with a y-cable that would take the external USB and make it a 20 pin internal header connector. I got mine a week or so ago from Newegg.

Tried searching through this what is the clearance between a standard atx psu and a hsf? I see the xigamtek durin is 60mm.

Q11 is only about 6mm wider ... so about 78-79mm of clearance. According to newegg, Xigmatex Durin is 65mm -- is that with or without the fan?

Edit: looking at the pictures it seems 65mm height includes the fan ... so, it should fit. Curious, how big of a step up from stock HSF Durin is.

I'll let you know the temps once I get everything installed, I had one laying around to try out.

So far my build is:
Q11 (Duh)
PNY 560 TI - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814133377
PSU - Season 520 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151094
G.Skill 2x4 GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231445
CPU Cooler Xigmatek Durin

Any recommendations for whats left? I have just been deal shopping - I got the q11 for $70 shipped the seasonic for $60 shipped the ram for $60 and the 560 ti for $175 after rebate.

What regular optical drive can be used with the bezel provided with this case?
What itx boards play friendly with back plates?

I think I might just pick up from microcenter an i3-2100 for $100.

I've heard some blue ray drives have issues with the bezel, but any modern (=short/low-depth) DVD-RW should be just fine.

I have that same PSU in my Q07. Works great and is silent! Be sure to flip the fan on the CPU cooler so it blows into PSU. Is the Durin going to need a backplate? The Samuel 17 I used didnt require one.

Yes the durin requires a backplate. That's why I was hoping someone with an asrock board would chime in.

About the optical drive arrested their dimensions I should know then to see if it works with the bezel?

Yes the durin requires a backplate. That's why I was hoping someone with an asrock board would chime in.

Wow, wish I knew before I reassembled everything. I got the ASRock board. Sorry, but getting it back apart is going to be difficult. Did you already purchase the Durin? I have heard that they can get noisy.

I have it from an htpc build that didn't fit on an h55n usb3. I have tons of fans if the stock is noisy.

Mechanically it should fit (24cm and connectors "on the side" should help), but you'll have to go for a modular (and likely shorter) PSU to help with the wires that do take up space. Also, you need to be prepared to give up some of the HDD flexibility to give that 6870 some breathing room.

Just got done building my q11.

cpu: i5 2500
cpu cooler: shuriken rev.b
mobo: zotac h67
ram: 8gb mushkin
psu: silverstone 500watt
gpu: palit 560 ti 2gb
hdd: WD caviar blue 500gb
sdd: crucial 64gb

so far my system idles at around 46c-51c and under prime95 it quickly reaches TJ max, maybe within 3-4mins of full load. my gpu idles at around 39c and after 10mins of stress testing with msi kombuster my gpu reaches 82c which also causes my cpu temps to jump to around 65c-75c. (gpu fan noise btw is pretty bad at that temp)

i switched out the stock 140mm with a noiseblocker pk-3. right now i have my shuriken fan blowing onto the heatsink but am planning to switch its direction towards the psu which is exhausting hot air out the back. also ordered better thermal paste and will be re-seating my shuriken once that comes in the mail.

any suggestions or tips for possibly improving on my temps?

I did another project with my Q11 and that is using double PicoPSU which is working fine as hell! :) Hurray! Now I got a 6850 driven by a dedicated PicoPSU on 150W. What I need now is just better cable management and Passive with my 6850 and it would be perfect!

I did another project with my Q11 and that is using double PicoPSU which is working fine as hell! :) Hurray! Now I got a 6850 driven by a dedicated PicoPSU on 150W. What I need now is just better cable management and Passive with my 6850 and it would be perfect!
This has to come with pictures ;). Are PicoPSUs on the outside of the case?

As far as using one for dedicated GPU power, I thought many high end GPUs drew more than 200w at load and the highest rated picoPSU offers 160w.

Doing some googling I see the 6850 only consumes 130w under load do a picPSU will work. Neat.

This has to come with pictures ;). Are PicoPSUs on the outside of the case?

Both PSU is inside the the Q11 and I am using a Noctua U12P too so its get a lil tight.

As far as using one for dedicated GPU power, I thought many high end GPUs drew more than 200w at load and the highest rated picoPSU offers 160w.

Doing some googling I see the 6850 only consumes 130w under load do a picPSU will work. Neat.

I think it will always draw 75W from the PCI-E port so it maybe will have 55~ or so from the dedicated PicoPSU.

Switches suck on this this! Too bright, too cheap looking an feeling. Has anyone replaces theres at all?

Switches suck on this this! Too bright, too cheap looking an feeling. Has anyone replaces theres at all?

... I actually have to agree 100%. I love the case, but the buttons have always bothered me. Would have been nice if they were a subtle white light and not red and blue as well imo. I have not changed them but I'd love to see if someone has.

... I actually have to agree 100%. I love the case, but the buttons have always bothered me. Would have been nice if they were a subtle white light and not red and blue as well imo. I have not changed them but I'd love to see if someone has.

Since one of my LEDs died, I took the time to take it apart and it appears that a 3mm LED is what they used. I have a couple of ones on the way to me. I will update after the parts arrive.

I've had three Lian Li cases with these power/reset puttons and I do the same mod to them as soon as I can. I unscrew the bracket, pop off the buttons from the swtiches, get a sharpie or some other black marker and color in the the entire backside of the buttons, pop the buttons back on to switches, screw bracket back in to case, and done.

Drastically reduces the brightness, I would take pics, but they don't do it justice. As far as the buttons feeling cheap; I don't know...i mean they're buttons, they work and I've never worried they wouldn't.

Oh and I also color the very top of LED with the black marker as well.

Back