New LCD problems.

DeadlyAura

CoalWagen
2FA
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
5,068
I just purchased a rather expensive LCD display. It si a widescreen ViewSonic VA1912wb. I installed the the drivers for the monitor and for my graphics card but I cannot find a resolution where the picture looks good. All the text is blurry in 1280x768 but stretched out in 1024x768. The highest resolution I can choose is 1280x768 and it looks terrible. The grapics are on boards 32 meg graphics on a Via C3.

The monitor is plugged in through analog NOT digital.

Can anyone tell em what is worng? I adjusted the settings on the monitor and it looks a little better, but the picture is still rather blurry. Any reccommendations? Thanks in andvance.
 
i'm no expert, but it sounds like your video card might have an issue? 1440x900 is the native resolution for that monitor, so it'll look best if u can get that. for a video card to not be able to handle that resolution, I'm guessing it's either 1) pretty old or 2) you got some software issues.

I thnk that might explain waht's wrong... now how to fix it .. haha.. i'll leave that to the smart ppl.
 
I think that the problem might lay in the display drivers. The only problem is, I don't know where to find updtaed drivers.
 
Check your motherboard manufacturer's site for drivers.

I couldn't yeild a lot of result with simply "Via C3". Best of luck.
 
biohazard_nz said:
Whats your video card?

Its on board video on a Via motherbaord with a Via C3. I'm not sure its even a brand name card.

a ronin said:
Check your motherboard manufacturer's site for drivers.

I couldn't yeild a lot of result with simply "Via C3". Best of luck.

Yeah, I tried that, and I too had no result.

Thanks for trying though.
 
The C3 probably uses via's CLE266 chipset with the unichrome integrated graphics.

here is a link...try the drivers from the top link first. Should be the right ones.
 
Get an add in card that has DVI. That card is a bloody shame used on that monitor.
Even the cheapest cards have DVI today, so buy any 50$ card, make sure it has DVI and the latest drivers and you'll be set for native resolution heaven.
BTW, if you have a 50$ MOBO and that LCD, I'm guessing your system is not really WELL BALANCED...justa thought.... :rolleyes:
 
Listen to the posters that encourage you to obtain a video card. For that many pixels, you should look only for 128MB video cards or higher with at least one DVI output. You have to run at native resolution (1440x900 mentioned previously) in order to get a quality image. If you are not gaming, there are plenty of good deals in the FS/FT forum for $150 or under.

Then use driver cleaner, shut down, install card, disable integrated video, reboot, install new drivers (latest) and enjoy the goodness.
 
Hope you get it working. I have that monitor myself and it is absolutely a damn fine monitor <---actual fact, not opinion :D
 
I asked my dad if he wanted to trade. My 19" Samsung CRT for this new widescreen. You can guess where that went.

Anyways, I turned on clear type font styles and put the resolution back to 1280x768. The text looks infinitely better and pictures don't mlooked strectched. (My dad's desktop picture of his Corvette made it look like a 4 seater Corvette :eek: ). Now, the text is still a little fuzzy but it isn't cramped or stretched. A higher resolution would be much nicer, but it's ok for now.

Next NewEgg order is going to be placed soon so I may include one of those low profile cards so that I can bump the res up to 1440x900. Thanks everyone for the help.
 
Ok, update time. I just showed my dad the screen with the 1280x768 resolution. he sits down at the desk and says. "I hate it. the text is too small. make it bigger." Then he changed it back to 1024x768.

Wow, is all i have to sa to that. he makes me go through all the trouble of fixing the resolution to make it look better, and then tells me he hates it at 1280x768.

I guess the vid card and the 1440x900 resolution are out of the question. thanks anyways for the help guys.

EDIT: He just informed me that now he wants me to kill the clear type becuase he hates that too.
 
Show him how it looks with 120DPI fonts. Display Properties\Settings click on the advanced button and look on the General Tab.
 
Actually, that might clear up the bluffyness in the smaller fonts as well. Thanks for that adivce, I didn't think about that.
 
Back
Top