New laptop HDD + imaging

Welsper

Gawd
I have a laptop which I'd like to upgrade the harddrive in, I'd like to image the drive so I don't have to worry about reinstalling or anything like that. Anyway, this is the drive I'm planning on getting:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136379
The drive I currently have in the laptop is an 80gb, obviously I'll need to be able to resize the image partition, or something...hahaha.

anyway, tl;dr:
Getting new harddrive, need free imaging software that will allow me to generate an image, store it on my network/on a usb drive, and restore it from likewise, and let me resize the partition to fill the entire target drive.
Also: Laptop can boot from USB/NIC, if that helps anything.

AFAIK western digital has a free version of Acronis TrueImage for use on WD drives.

AFAIK western digital has a free version of Acronis TrueImage for use on WD drives.

Ahhh! I knew something like that existed, couldn't remember if it were free or not, anyway...It should work on my existing drive, right? (Samsung, IIRC). Shouldn't be all like 'lol, your source drive isn't WD, go away'?

I believe only one of the drives needs to be a WD in order for their software to work.

Back