New Laptop Hard Shutdown

Elvis087

n00b
Joined
Apr 22, 2013
Messages
9
Well, this just happened...I started playing BF3 and within 2 minutes my guy starts moving on its own and all of a sudden computer is OFF, not a restart, no normal shutdown just OFF. I went to the event viewer and it just says that windows wasnt shut down properly, I used whocrashed and it says no dump files were created.

I just installed the new Nvidia beta driver 320.00 but would a driver really cause a hard shutdown like that? It was like the computer just lost power and its plugged in too and in a pretty expensive surge protector too.

I'm still within my 30 day return window and I paid $2000+ at LPC-Digital, should I just return this laptop? what would you guys do?

Max temps ive seen the GPU is 73C and CPU 62C while gaming.

Thank you.

The specs are:

Windows 8 64bit Pro
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 680M 4GB GDDR5 Memory
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 2 X 4GB
Crucial® M4 128GB SATA III SSD
750GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Disk Drive
 
I'd at least ask LPC-Digital about it before trying to return it. A brand new computer shouldn't do that.
 
Two Grand for two minutes of gameplay:confused: I'd be calling someone to get some answers.
 
Sounds like its overheating.
Are you playing on a bed or covering the fan in some way?
 
Sounds like the ole accidentally bumped the power button while gaming issue. Give CS a call though just in case and try to replicate the issue.
 
Well, this just happened...I started playing BF3 and within 2 minutes my guy starts moving on its own and all of a sudden computer is OFF, not a restart, no normal shutdown just OFF. I went to the event viewer and it just says that windows wasnt shut down properly, I used whocrashed and it says no dump files were created.

I just installed the new Nvidia beta driver 320.00 but would a driver really cause a hard shutdown like that? It was like the computer just lost power and its plugged in too and in a pretty expensive surge protector too.

I'm still within my 30 day return window and I paid $2000+ at LPC-Digital, should I just return this laptop? what would you guys do?

Max temps ive seen the GPU is 73C and CPU 62C while gaming.

Thank you.

The specs are:

Windows 8 64bit Pro
NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTX 680M 4GB GDDR5 Memory
3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.40 GHz)
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz - 2 X 4GB
Crucial® M4 128GB SATA III SSD
750GB 7200rpm SATA 300 Hard Disk Drive

Being a new laptop I'd call it in. That should run games with no problem. My Maingear runs great.

For a laptop $2000!...I rather build a gaming Rig!

Check out my sig. Who needs a big ass gaming rig when you can hook up a laptop via hdmi to a large hdtv.

Skyrim on ultra settings.

newlpt001_zps44c8165e.jpg
 
Playing through Skyrim on a laptop connected to the TV was fun. So much more awesome than doing so with a Playstation 3.
 
Sounds like bad memory.

I had a laptop that did that once. It was an issue with the motherboard soldering.
 
could be the SSD, ive had like 5 of the m4's go bad on me... currently have 2 in RMA as we speak
 
Back
Top