foto_f154248.jpg

foto_f154247.jpg

foto_f154253.jpg

foto_f154244.jpg

foto_f154242.jpg

foto_f154241.jpg

foto_f154240.jpg

foto_f154243.jpg

looks a lot like the color scheme from gears of war. Very impressive shots, will be interested to see what it looks like in motion.

With the exception of the water, a lot of those textures actually look pretty dull, in my opinion.

Maybe I just don't like the art style, but it doesn't really blow me away when I think of this game in motion.

EDIT: Wow, I didn't even see Technoob's post. That wasn't directed at you.

Considering the scale of things, I don't really have a problem with the textures. It's like SOTC in the air with the size of the creatures. Hopefully they smoothed out the framerate since the last showing though.

Gah... I was hoping they'd have found a way to stop everything looking like shiny plastic.

Holy HDR Batman!

Developers should be banned from using bloom effects from now on. IMO they get their hands on these effects and like a little kid dial them up all the way to look at the cool shiny things.

Holy HDR Batman!

Developers should be banned from using bloom effects from now on. IMO they get their hands on these effects and like a little kid dial them up all the way to look at the cool shiny things.

bloom.jpg

Kinda looks like Oblivion with dragons and other flying creatures. Can't wait! When is this supposed to come out anyway? Or are we still at the stage where the release date is "uhhhh, Q4 07..."

I really hope this is good. I need an excuse to buy another game for my PS3 (I currently only have R:FoM). I agree things look a little too shiny, but if the gameplay is good, all will be forgiven.

man.

Amazing how people want to poo poo a game. I think this looks just as impressive as Gears of War or Oblivion. Yet the scale of this game is HUGE and this is one of the few games were the tilt of the sixaxis sounds really cool. And Factor 5 isn't really a lazy company graphically. They were one of the few to actually push the Gamecube's power to the limits.

I think it looks very good, mostly because of the water effects. The characters (dragony things and knight) look good, but nothing beyond what we've already seen in past titles.

I think this will be one of those games you'll need to see in motion to appreciate.

BTW, don't link directly to images because you're stealing their bandwidth. Either host 'em yourself or link to the gallery. I'm surprised the ole mods haven't been around to edit that.

This almost made me want a PS3, I'm not poo pooing the PS3 its just lower than a 360 on my list of consoles to get.

Looks great apart from the textures which look both dull and low-res in some screenshots. but hey it's a work in progress and still looks sweet overall :D

Looks nice, but what will the gameplay be like? I'm trying to imagine what a flying dragon action game would play like. I assume it's not going to be a rail shooter like Panzer Dragoon.

I agree with the comic. Too many earth tones.
Why is that Half-Life 2 seems like the only game that realistically portrays the world without making everything gloomy and earth toned?

I agree with the comic. Too many earth tones.
Why is that Half-Life 2 seems like the only game that realistically portrays the world without making everything gloomy and earth toned?

I think that gloomy and earth toned would help set the mood for a dragon like game? Unless we are talking about chinese dragons :p

Ever see the movie DragonHeart? ...

I think that gloomy and earth toned would help set the mood for a dragon like game? Unless we are talking about chinese dragons :p

Ever see the movie DragonHeart? ...

lol...and the less said about it the better :)
I still think that just because there are dragons around, the world doesn't have to be all brown. In Half-Life 2 the entire world has be overtaken by aliens, but the color palate is realistic looking. There are "downer" levels, but the whole world shouldn't magically turn brown.
It's like the new Miami Vice movie that's seemingly night for 99% of it...which kills all of the scenery and makes it like any other city.

lol...and the less said about it the better :)
I still think that just because there are dragons around, the world doesn't have to be all brown. In Half-Life 2 the entire world has be overtaken by aliens, but the color palate is realistic looking. There are "downer" levels, but the whole world shouldn't magically turn brown.
It's like the new Miami Vice movie that's seemingly night for 99% of it...which kills all of the scenery and makes it like any other city.

So suddenly the whole game is going to be judged by a few screen shots? :confused:

How do you know what feeling they are going to try and portray? If I looked at just screen shots I would have thought Oblivion was happy happy sunshine all the time.

There are more than just these screenshots for the game. There are a ton of shots of it and there's a whole trailer movie for it on the PS network. Thus far they all have that same apocalyptic sort of look to them. It's no different than drawing conclusions about Gears of War when it was in this stage of development.

I think it looks good. Especially considering where console gaming came from not too long ago. Hope gameplay is good.

QFT!

I love Gears and I really hope that Lair turns out to be a great game, but I do get a little bored with the artistic design in games like these. I agree completely that HL2 is a perfect example that games don't have to be only shades of gray to represent a world in turmoil.

I should be careful what I wish for though. I will be flying along in Lair and see a Pepsi billboard on the top of a mountain.:p

I don't know... I thought this game looked amazing when I first saw it last year, but then I saw this video..... and I got depressed. I am looking for a reason to get a PS3 other than its blu-ray player, and I thought this game was one. Hopefully they will fix this stuff, because it seems like it has great potential...

EDIT: NM, no more video :(

I like the idea of the game. Reminds me a lot of the Dragonlance Saga novels. I just think everything has a very plain-jane look to it.

It looks cinematic but I wish the art had more pure fantasy inspiration. I like dragons to look red. This looks like LOTR v.31

QFT!

I love Gears and I really hope that Lair turns out to be a great game, but I do get a little bored with the artistic design in games like these. I agree completely that HL2 is a perfect example that games don't have to be only shades of gray to represent a world in turmoil.

I should be careful what I wish for though. I will be flying along in Lair and see a Pepsi billboard on the top of a mountain.:p

Nah, you'll probably get arrows flung to you by baddies on the backs of Dodge pick-ups.

People complaining about the browness of the game... you do realize that the game takes place on a dying world where vegitation is dead, the premiss of the game is that your a soldier whos region is attacked by another army looking to conquer your people just for food.

Imagine Reign of Fire kind of world if anything...

People complaining about the browness of the game... you do realize that the game takes place on a dying world where vegitation is dead, the premiss of the game is that your a soldier whos region is attacked by another army looking to conquer your people just for food.

Imagine Reign of Fire kind of world if anything...

That's fine ..just as long as it isn't brown is all ..

I understand why they chose the colors they did, just as I understand why they chose a similar color scheme in Gears. My comment is really that I just get a little bored with the brown/gray art choice in these games, not that I believe that those color choices are wrong. In any event, as long as the gameplay is good, the graphics are pretty unimportant to me.

I like how each of those pics is zoomed in like 1000x.

People are funny, if the world is set in a time of place were there is no food/plants/trees.... I think this world would look brown/sandy colors//// kinda like mars (except not all red and brown). Think of waterworld... and someone says ... man that movie is just to blue.. (de dee deeeeee) :p

Even better... I remember watching Mad Max (post-nuclear future) and I remember a lot of browns in that movie..... browns and reds (lots of explosions :p )

There is some compelling art/gameplay/etc in this game, but I am still on the fence about picking it up or not. I think its either going to receive great praise, or fail miserably. So im holding out for some reviews.

Im hoping its good because it does look pretty interesting.

Back