New iPhone(s) on September 9th

iOS is objectively more intuitive due to requiring all apps to have consistent GUI behavior. With Android it's a complete crap shoot from app to app.

Speed test of the most popular flagships: Galaxy S5, iPhone 6, and the HTC One M8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCln9_mgZJo

Winner: iPhone
Biggest lagger by a lot: Galaxy S5

Wished they did a GPe test. But iPhones will most likely still go on to due to the better processor and the pseudo "multitasking." BTW, I think androids should go pseudo as well by default unless the user give apps permissions to run in background, with the exception apps such as music apps or accessories companion apps which should run in background as default, etc. For everything else, true multitasking is absolutely unnecessary.

In Lap 1, the HTC One was only behind the iPhone by 7 seconds. In Lap 2, that's where most Androids would fall behind due to "true multitasking" and having to dump programs from memory and reload it later, whereas Apple stored the state of the programs in storage and make relaunching quick. I don't even want to talk about how far behind TW is, as my hatred for TW is well known.

I actually really like this test because it's a very good demonstration of user experience, or at least similar to how I use my phone.

Don't know if it is valid, but in the comments they mention that iPhone didn't fully load some of the apps in lap2, but just showed a screenshot.

If anything, this test shows how crap TW really is.

This is the type of thing that makes me hate iPhones:
http://bgr.com/2014/10/02/best-iphone-6-accessories-snap-6/

So frigging jelly! Why are most of the best accessories made only for iPhones?

Not that it would make me every switch to the Apple ecosystem.

P. S. About the speed test, I'm not a gambling person, but, when the Note 4 comes out, even with its superior SoC, HTC One M8 will still kill it in the speed test.

Last edited:
Which is great except that button is wasting screen space that could be left available, and on top of that all the space where a typical android phone has a back button is, well doing nothing at all. So basically ios just wastes what little space it has.

Also I find it ironic people would chastise someone for not being able to figure out how to go back. No offense but the largest argument iOS proponents make is that iOS is intuitive, oh wait guess its not that intuitive if someone cannot sit down and immediately figure out how to do what they want. I guess at the end of the day it turns out that is all BS and iOS is no more intuitive than any other OS. Ultimately if you have to learn any OS.

Dude, literally, my grandma figured out how to use her iPad with NO ONE helping her...even has her iphone tied to it so she can text.

So go on and blabber about iOS...but the fact is you're grasping at straws because there are literally grand parents that can figure it out.

Whats the deal with so many iPhone 6 cases, having a circle cutout in the rear to show off the Apple logo :rolleyes:

That looks so tacky, and childish. Why would you want a hole in your case, to scream out load that you do indeed have an Apple iPhone ?

Tell me this doesn't look good. I dare you. Better than the fugly iphone 6 backplate.
220130314181359269.jpg

220130314181359420.jpg

220130314181359426.jpg

Whats the deal with so many iPhone 6 cases, having a circle cutout in the rear to show off the Apple logo :rolleyes:

That looks so tacky, and childish. Why would you want a hole in your case, to scream out load that you do indeed have an Apple iPhone ?

I make it a point to buy cases that DON'T have those cut outs, because, as you said, it screams "I LOVE WIENERS"

I usually dislike those "logo" cases and I often dislike when buy cheap cases made of poor quality materials. Someone handed me a 6 Plus a few days ago and the case felt like one of those plastic eggs from a 50 cent vending machine. They even said the case was "so awesome" and I have no idea what metric they were basing that one :eek:

Because — like it or not — it's a status symbol.

I personally think you making this post says more about you than the people who have said cases...

I've now seen and handled all the ip6 colors and only 1 SG+.

As an android guy whose always only owned androids, I have no idea what people are bitching about when it comes to design. Its apple: minimal, muted, yet uninspiring. That said, I like it and since its now 4.7", its the first iPhone I'd ever consider buying.

Also, its too thin IMO. To the point where I can tell that it could easily slip out of my hand. The straight back and its aluminium makes it slippery. I'd be wary without a case there. And the fact that it has rounded edges on the display is a kiss of death for facedown drops. That screen will crack 95% of the time if dropped facedown. Whereas my s4 has a lip to absorb impact. Fine line between design and functionality....

Actually phones that are lighter tend to break less regardless of the angle they hit at.

Less mass = less energy at impact. And gorilla glass is quite resilient.

When I wanna see retarded posts I go to this thread. I'm glad the troll baiting hasn't gotten as bad as the last one yet.

As for the phone being too thin, it still hasn't slipped out of my hand, although I mainly use my phones with 2 hands. It's more efficient for use and I tend to take care of expensive items.

When I wanna see retarded posts I go to this thread. I'm glad the troll baiting hasn't gotten as bad as the last one yet.

As for the phone being too thin, it still hasn't slipped out of my hand, although I mainly use my phones with 2 hands. It's more efficient for use and I tend to take care of expensive items.

My biggest complaint about this phone is thinness, otherwise no complaints.

yes... your hairs can get into speaker holes... science... that video complaint is just stupid.
That's what happens when the bendgate views are dying out and it's time to hash out a new iPhone conspiracy.

iOS is objectively more intuitive due to requiring all apps to have consistent GUI behavior. With Android it's a complete crap shoot from app to app.

No. Read the droid-life review of iPhone, for example even the settings in various apps are inconsistent and hard to use.

As far as intuitiveness and ease of figuring out for the first time without reading the fine manual:

Android > iOS > Windows Phone > BBOS

BBOS on Z10 is the worst. Tried a store demo and couldn't get it to do anything. I like the underlying QNX OS but the UI is unfriendly.

I have metro disabled on Windows 8.x on PC so that sums it up Windows Phone.

iOS is improving by borrowing a lot from Android and others such as moving language setting from keyboard to settings menu hierarchy, finally having a more consistent virtual back button, quick access menu although incomplete, etc. but there are still a lot of areas for improvement. They need to fix the virtual keyboard so it doesn't always show caps lock, allow text selection within a word for editing instead of just beginning or end of word, double-click is less logical than long press to bring up app switching menu, etc.

Fellas, I just tested hairgate on my pubes. It pulled half of them out! God damn it!

No. Read the droid-life review of iPhone, for example even the settings in various apps are inconsistent and hard to use.

No, not really. Took me not even a day to figure out iOS 6 and 7(8). Then again I figured out android in about the same time, but it's not really hard to understand. There are less buttons on iOS, making it easier for most people. On android you often still have a "settings/menu" button on the older phones, while newer ones got rid of that. Now in addition to that you have settings for the phone. There's aways a go back button at the top left or bottom left corner. I think some of you guys are a bit out of touch with reality and try to look for nonexistent issues.

No, not really. Took me not even a day to figure out iOS 6 and 7(8). Then again I figured out android in about the same time, but it's not really hard to understand. There are less buttons on iOS, making it easier for most people. On android you often still have a "settings/menu" button on the older phones, while newer ones got rid of that. Now in addition to that you have settings for the phone. There's aways a go back button at the top left or bottom left corner. I think some of you guys are a bit out of touch with reality and try to look for nonexistent issues.

For the larger phones a back button at the bottom is easier with one hand

Last edited:
Back button in Android works across apps. In iOS its only in that app. There is no concept of context in iOS or application flow. Once you launch an app, all you can do is go home losing all context.

There's a huge difference which is only appreciated once you've used both.

Back button in Android works across apps. In iOS its only in that app. There is no concept of context in iOS or application flow. Once you launch an app, all you can do is go home losing all context.

This is no longer true. With widgets within the Notification pull down, under Today, iOS8 can switch between apps without going home.
As Developers update their Apps to support Widgets in iOS8, switching between Apps will become very easy.

What does "go home" mean? Go to the Home screen?

The iPhone 6 Plus already looks dated, compared to other same sized 5.5" screens.

LG G3...Apple iPhone 6 Plus...OnePlus One

I don't see this design aging well, if it's two more years before a redesign with the iPhone 7 in 2016.

They must've had an intern with no idea of pants pocket ergonomics working on the iPhone 6+ design. It's way too tall and looks dorky sticking out the top.

They must've had an intern with no idea of pants pocket ergonomics working on the iPhone 6+ design. It's way too tall and looks dorky sticking out the top.

I am using a 6 right now and I find the people using 6 Plus iPhones to indeed look fairly ridiculous. Too much device for that screen size. Doesn't bother me so much with the 6 since the overall device size is close to reasonable.

No, they had their best designers work on it, but it doesn't matter. The #1 design rule for any iPhone is - It must look like an iPhone !!!

And the only distinguishing feature is the top and bottom bezels with the home button, which hasn't changed since the first iPhone, and its not going to change.

Nothing else matters, people were gonna buy this phone no matter what, who cars about screen/phone ratio ?!

I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you mean by "app context". Can you clarify?

Yes. You have to go home, or open multitasking, in both cases you lose context.

I guess I've been using the recently used apps button on my Nexus 7 wrong. I should have been using the back button all this time. Think of all the context I lost.

I don't think Android or iOS is necessarily better here. It's a question of trade-offs.

Android's back button lets you return to an app you were previously using, and creates continuity. However, the lack of requirements for telling where users where they'll go also leads to the occasional rude surprise, where you end up switching apps instead of going one level up in an existing app. That's not a big problem, but it exists.

Apple's approach requires more work if you want to go back to a previous app, but it also leaves no mystery as to what your actions will do. You lose context... but much like the back button on Android, that's not a big problem.

Back