New iPhone(s) on September 9th

If I haven't seen it, I haven't seen it. I'm not saying that others haven't seen it, but don't accuse me of lying.

Well if there is at least 1 thread, then you are obviously completely wrong and it's a huge issue!!

My friend has an iPhone 6. Bought it last week. It jerks when scrolling up and down in the gallery app(mail app... Safari, etc...). It's not terrible... but it's there and very consistent. iPhones jerk. Even new ones. You're delusional.

lol. I peed a little that was so funny.

You're not serious are you? Because that would be hilarious if you thought you were serious.

OEM has no idea what he's talking about.

Wait until his 1gb of ram keeps crashing his iOS 9 when apple copies "same sung" and bakes in split screen features and finally offers real multitasking.

Then we'll see how those features that android users "never" use that every iDonk is going to bitch about because apple refused to release a phone that's future proof for 2 years. On that analysis alone, you might not even see split screen until iOS 10. By then, the game will be over because I'm sure google will revisit biometric authentication in a manner that will render touch id as antiquated.

See sig regarding split screen.

My car has automatic distance keeping so I literally don't have to drive my car with cruise control on(as in it will actually stop my car, and when the car in front of me moves again, it will accelerate my car)...and guess what? I don't use it, because it sucks(it SLAMS the brakes and floors the pedal) and its a gimmick. Same thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing sadder than a '2012 spec'd' phone outperforming Samsungs 2014 flagship (in pretty much every metric, btw... with half the RAM and CPU cores) is that you actually seem to genuinely care about what devices other people choose to buy. In the grand scheme of things, aren't there better things to worry about?

Who cares if someone likes Apple/Android/WP/FirefoxOS/etc? You all sound like a bunch of little girls

Indeed.

Oh_ZUq_L6.jpg

OEM has no idea what he's talking about.

Wait until his 1gb of ram keeps crashing his iOS 9 when apple copies "same sung" and bakes in split screen features and finally offers real multitasking.

Then we'll see how those features that android users "never" use that every iDonk is going to bitch about because apple refused to release a phone that's future proof for 2 years. On that analysis alone, you might not even see split screen until iOS 10. By then, the game will be over because I'm sure google will revisit biometric authentication in a manner that will render touch id as antiquated.

About multitasking... oh Ars, you always bring the laughs.

Split-screen still works the same way. Open an app, long press on the back button, long press on an app in the menu that pops up, drag it out into the top or bottom of the screen, and finally let go. You've now got two apps open. The problem is that if you ever move from this screen, you will lose your split-screen setup. Simply hitting home causes everything to collapse back to single-app mode, and even going back through Recent Apps won't open the apps in split-screen again. Samsung hasn't fixed this yet—possibly because as an OEM, it can't. No matter the reason, the situation makes split-screen a waste of time for heavy multitaskers—the exact group Samsung wanted to target with this feature.

They're not 100% correct. If I open two browsers on a Note II, hit the home button, then reopen one of the browsers from the split screen menu it opens both back up. Even Windows Pro 8.1 doesn't restore two browser windows back to the original state when you close and reopen.

You're not serious are you? Because that would be hilarious if you thought you were serious.

My car has automatic distance keeping so I literally don't have to drive my car with cruise control on(as in it will actually stop my car, and when the car in front of me moves again, it will accelerate my car)...and guess what? I don't use it, because it sucks(it SLAMS the brakes and floors the pedal) and its a gimmick. Same thing.

I am as serious as cancer dude... his phone stutters while scrolling.

About multitasking... oh Ars, you always bring the laughs.

Laughable analysis.

Let me know when you can watch YouTube and write in a note taking app at exactly the same time. Or have maps open while texting someone. To assert that you'd be better off without it because you can't save it is just plain laughable.

Laughable. Your contrived analogy demonstrates that you have no clue as to what you're talking about.

Laughable analysis.

Let me know when you can watch YouTube and write in a note taking app at exactly the same time. Or have maps open while texting someone.

I did this today on a Mac. Does that count?

Dude is HARDCORE Apple fan and he's not happy.

I need to ask him tomorrow... he showed me today and it def. jerks while scrolling. Very subtle.... but it's there. No idea why. :confused:

Jerks on what content? Is it Safari? If yes, then it can be fixed. I swear it took Google almost a damn year to finally fix mobile Chrome. I turned on my Nexus 7 recently and was shocked to finally see Chrome not stutter on ESPN. It was a running joke for so damn long.

Jerks on what content? Is it Safari? If yes, then it can be fixed. I swear it took Google almost a damn year to finally fix mobile Chrome. I turned on my Nexus 7 recently and was shocked to finally see Chrome not stutter on ESPN. It was a running joke for so damn long.

ANy place where he has to scroll up and down... it goes about "an inch" then jerks. It's almost not noticeable... except the screen stays behind and your fingers doesn't. So now your finger is "off" from where it started.

It is NOT terrible... but he is super unhappy. He's owned 3gs, 4, 4s, 5 and 5s... he says this is the WORST one he's had. He's never had an iPhone jerk.

When people stop insisting on telling other people how much their phones suck and how awesome their own phones are...

Why I hate fanboys and haters alike.

ANy place where he has to scroll up and down... it goes about "an inch" then jerks. It's almost not noticeable... except the screen stays behind and your fingers doesn't. So now your finger is "off" from where it started.

It is NOT terrible... but he is super unhappy. He's owned 3gs, 4, 4s, 5 and 5s... he says this is the WORST one he's had. He's never had an iPhone jerk.

I'm going to the Apple to test this. iOS 8 has other damn annoying bugs and this is probably another one lol.
I can totally see how it would piss him off. Chrome on my Nexus 7 really pissed me off for so long. Now that it's fixed I feel "off" by it working like it should have from the start.

Lol.. this has to be the ultimate 1st world problem.

Back