New iPhone(s) on September 9th

I'm glad that they are live streaming it this year. I'm not a big fan of watching live blogs.

Bigger, thinner, 1080p (in the 5.5")...

Okay, everyone can go back to their insignificant lives, now.

I like their new mystery product they are showing on the screen. I don't know what "TV Truck Schedule" is, but I bet its 100x better than any other trucks, schedules, or TVs on the market today.

shame the 4.7" is still 720, the 5.5" is just too big, 5" m8 is borderline big, but no 1080p on the 4.7" is just stupid on their part

So underwhelming. I was hoping that they would made something that would make others work harder but this is apparently not going to be the case. 4.7" should have been tiny bit smaller (~4.5"). 5.5" one should have been 5-5.2" max imo.

On top of that I think it actually looks boring. Same old. The price is obviously going to be ridiculous.

Was convinced the leaks were fakes with the protruding lens ring. At least the 6 Plus has FHD. Welcome to 2013.

Question is do I want a larger screen iPhone or the boombox size iPhone 6 plus??

Was convinced the leaks were fakes with the protruding lens ring. At least the 6 Plus has FHD. Welcome to 2013.

Apple apps scale with screen resolution. Welcome to ?? .. Android still can't do that.. 2014.

Looks like the lab chimps are running the live stream. Will watch later on Youtube.

Yeah this stream has been a disaster for me. Granted I am trying to stream it over a 3G connection, but it is still broken more than it is working.

Happy to see 128GB size and the 64GB drops down to where the 32GB was.

This Apple Pay system looks pretty slick...

It will also help NFC get more use/popularity. Should help Android phones as well. Only problem is gonna be who will get these payment systems.

Should have made 32GB the lowest one though...kind of dumb.

To be honest I think the 16GB sells well for companies as they want to offer the device but then limit the amount of junk people put on their devices.

Whoah! iPod for your wrist. That's how you do it Motorola.

A bit thick though.

zsh0259.jpg

Last edited:
First gen, I'm sure it will get thinner over time. I like the tech though.

iPhone 6 Plus for me. I'll wait until next year for the watch.

Watch looks bad, like the first Galaxy Gear. Not that I think the new Gear is any better.

I don't like how it looks. Too rounded (and thick).

How thick will it be when you look at it?

Not thick at all.

Cannot understand this mentality when you'll be wearing the device.....

Others will look at it. Watches are as much about form, style and status as they are about function, if not moreso.

That said, from a features perspective, the watch does seem fairly intriguing.

Maybe it has a fat battery inside.

From a design standpoint I'm coming to the conclusion that it's hard to beat the classic round face (Moto 360) followed by curved (Gear S) that contours to your wrist with biggest usable screen.

The winner in the smart watch battle will be the one with the least crippling issues. This tech is all still fairly early, there are ample opportunities for someone to break away from the pack.

Jobs was right about the phone but he misjudged how LTE would change users habits, and how quickly it would happen

Watch looks ugly to me, I wouldn't buy it or the 360. The great thing for me imo is that if I want the health apps on my wrist, the third party bands just got cheaper. I think functionally fitbit and jawbone now have a clear direction in terms of where they can scale for better exposure now that apple is in the market (battery life, sophisticated app full bluetooth)

Back