New GTA V Screenshots

Looks like it's a scaled down 1080p image (the MSAA and AF or very apparent.). That could only be either PC or PS4 imo.

If people are too lazy to click, what makes you think they aren't too lazy to scroll?

FYI GTA V is using the RAGE engine, same engine used in Max Payne 3 a year ago. Hopefully they've tweaked it up a bit. The engine does support tessellation, so I'm hoping they've used it in the game.

I reeeeeeeally hope the PC version has the capability/settings to make it look that good (or better) in-game. I recall all the early GTA IV screenshots and the delivered product was no where near the graphics quality depicted in those...iCEnhancer fixes that, but it sucks that a 3rd party mod is needed to get it there.

looks like it will be badly optimised and you need 4-way SLI Titans to run it over 30 frames a second :rolleyes:

Looks like a mishmash of high res and low res textures, probably taken from a console system.

I'm tired of the bad rap GTA 4's PC port got from the community. It really wasn't a bad port, it just had a shaky launch. All is well now though and it is still one of the best ports from this generation to date.

The people who cry that the game lags and is a bad port, are the morons who can't figure out how to tweak settings manually and find their systems sweet spot. They all assume because they have an intel processor and an nvidia GPU, that they can just crank the view distances to the max. Well you can't. Rockstar's only flaw with the port was allowing morons to max those two settings out, which isn't really designed to be set that high.

Once you bring down the view distances to their proper levels (15-30) then it's perfectly fine performance even on moderate machines. All you need is a nice graphics card and a CPU from the last 2-3 years and you should be fine. Hell if you have a 2nd/3rd generation i5/7 you don't even need to overclock to get GPU bottlenecked.

will we see a lawsuit when the final game doesn't look as good?

will we see a lawsuit when the final game doesn't look as good?

I'll admit the multiple delays and setbacks have me a little worried, but then again its Rockstar. As in GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption Rockstar - two of my favorite games ever.

Haters gonna hate.

That statement always struck me as really silly sounding.

As for the game...whatever...it's sort of interesting because GTA is sandboxy and open to an extent, but at this point there are a lot of vulgar open world driving games for 20-somethings to play. I'd like one that doesn't have as much pointless profanity and gore in it.

I think I will wait to make sure the game actually works before I get it.

I don't think it looks as good as it should considering the 5-year gap between this an GTA4. I would have preferred to see them take a little extra time and make this a next-gen exclusive title. Watch Dog releases only two months after this, and it looks remarkably better.

That statement always struck me as really silly sounding.

As for the game...whatever...it's sort of interesting because GTA is sandboxy and open to an extent, but at this point there are a lot of vulgar open world driving games for 20-somethings to play. I'd like one that doesn't have as much pointless profanity and gore in it.

Yes, it is very silly. It's completely redundant, When I posted, I was just thinking about how I wouldn't go into a thread about a new Flight Simulator and post about how it's the same blue skies and same states to fly over. But that type of game isn't my thing so I don't comment on posts like that. Anyone that comes in here to post something as useless as "same old shit" or whatever it was is contributing nothing. No matter how good the screenshots are, someone who isn't going to buy the game will comment on how crappy it looks. People are miserable sometimes. Not to discredit the people who genuinely have no interest in GTA V for various reasons. I however play few games (although I probably have a 50 game Steam backlog) but for that reason, I am excited to GTA V. I don't play all the other clones (well I played Saints Row 3) to think that this is just ho-hum. Also, Rockstar usually knocks it out of the park.

Also, please know that I feel dumb typing that up because this is the internet so :whocares.

Looks like ass TBH... Textures are really bad too, if this is what the PC version will look like, then it's damn shame they even released these screenshots.

The people who cry that the game lags and is a bad port, are the morons who can't figure out how to tweak settings manually and find their systems sweet spot. They all assume because they have an intel processor and an nvidia GPU, that they can just crank the view distances to the max. Well you can't. Rockstar's only flaw with the port was allowing morons to max those two settings out, which isn't really designed to be set that high.

Two settings? I only saw you mention one (view distance). What's the other setting that PC gamers moronically cranked too high?

Back