New Green Lantern Footage from WonderCon

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Warner Bros. released a new trailer for The Green Lantern, based on the comic book. The trailer was shown at the WonderCon three day event in San Francisco. The upcoming movie premiers this June. Get your Geek on. :D

Note this is a 4min footage reel. Not a trailer. PREPARE FOR SPOILERS

That said it is AWESOME!!!

HD version is @ apple btw.

Note this is a 4min footage reel. Not a trailer.
That actually was an extended trailer.

Costume looks a little better in motion than the single shots already posted, and they definitely were going for a "MOAR EPIC" feel to this trailer, unlike the previous teaser.

If you are familiar with Green Lantern at all, you probably will not really be spoiled by it. At least all the stuff that was shown I pretty much expected, combined with what was shown in the previous trailers.

I wouldn't say I'm a huge Green Lantern fan, but I'm excited about this movie, likely because of the space opera/sci-fi type theme/setting as well. Followed by Thor, out of the comic movies this summer.

i keep getting green hornet and green lantern mixed up for some reason.

that can't be good for green lantern, considering how bad green hornet was.

Hmm.. interesting. That looks like Ophidian with the cloud of dark stuff and the absorption. Could be Parallax but given that it's eating someone and not scaring them, I'm going with Ophidian (also, Ophidian inhabited Hector Hammond for a while) Given the involvement of Abin Sur and Sinestro's words in the video, I'd say they're going to start, or at least begin, the Blackest Night storyline off in this movie. I wonder if they'll show the various other Corps....

First comic book based movie that my wife is looking forward too... all because of Ryan Reynolds, but I can live with that

This movie will shatter all previous records by all comic book movies for sure. Looks absolutely awesome.

WOW.
I didn't expect the depth of the comic in this movie.
I willl be there day one.

Man, this summer is going to be comic book win. Captain America, Thor, Green Lantern.

I am definitely seeing this, the screenshots had me turned off, but it looks stomachable (the cgi in some parts is absurdly bad). The story otherwise, looks great, and the vistas, *nice*

One of the few movies I'm willing to go out and see in IMAX 3D on day one.

I assume he's making a bong in that shot, I haven't actually seen it yet...;)

this DOES look awesome! but... im kinda torn.... xmen first class or green lantern?!?!?!

The whole "in the beginning\how it started" movies are iffy from the get go. Half the time the storied don't gel with whats been made or they go way over the top "REACHING' in the story lines. So I would have to say Green Lantern has more of my attention. But having said that its all over the top, but thats fiction for ya! Fiction can be fun! :D

Hmm.. interesting. That looks like Ophidian with the cloud of dark stuff and the absorption. Could be Parallax but given that it's eating someone and not scaring them, I'm going with Ophidian (also, Ophidian inhabited Hector Hammond for a while) Given the involvement of Abin Sur and Sinestro's words in the video, I'd say they're going to start, or at least begin, the Blackest Night storyline off in this movie. I wonder if they'll show the various other Corps....

Pretty sure they've said its Parallax. I'm hoping the next movie does the Sinestro Corps.

Wow. I fully expected the movie studio to just butcher the comic story line. But from the looks of the trailer, they stuck to it really well !!!! This trailer has moved it up to "watch in theater" status for me.

I'm still holding my expectations low, as no movie will ever meet the expectations my childhood imagination created. And if any movie ever did, I would go see a shrink as something would be really wrong with me.

The whole time they had me thinking this was going to be another stupid comic book movie. This shit looks fucking epic!!:eek:

Exactly. Why does it have to be CGI? Why not just the regular vinyl/leather/spandex outfit. It looks like it came out of a video game.

Maybe the point was to make it look unreal? Don't have a whole lot of knowledge on the subject, but I'm guessing the suit is basically made of the same "stuff" that otherwise comes out of the ring, which is CGI'd.

I dont see why you guys think this movie will be awesome. Looks pretty poorly done in some parts.

I think this movie will be epic,and looks to really beat all the previous comic book to movie conversions I've seen since the first Superman movie with Chris Reeves(as a comic book reader of DC and Marvel since the 60's,I think this says something)

i have a fear that this movie will be somewhat like hancock.... packing too much into a 1.5-2 hour slot....so much that the story is rushed and will bounce from place to place. i sure hope not tho =[

Finally a movie adaptation of a comic that looks promising. I don´t think I missed anything since Watchmen right? Can not wait to see this on the big screen :D

Is anyone else bothered, though, that the same actors are being used to portray multiple characters? The acting gene pool has to be bigger than Ryan Reynolds and Chris Evans. At least Deadpool and Green Lantern, (and Human Torch and Captain America) are from different 'universes'.

Is anyone else bothered, though, that the same actors are being used to portray multiple characters? The acting gene pool has to be bigger than Ryan Reynolds and Chris Evans. At least Deadpool and Green Lantern, (and Human Torch and Captain America) are from different 'universes'.

The sooner we all forget about Wolverine Origins and the Fantastic Four movies the better. I'm not really bothered by it at all. As long as the actors do the character's justice I don't care who plays them or how many characters they play.

Back