New Gaming/Streaming build

speedrat

Limp Gawd
Hi all time for an upgrade of my Gaming/Streaming machine. My games range from FPS, Space sims, Strategy, etc and streaming of Netflix, browsing, MS Office.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc

See above

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

Budget is not a real concern. I guess the best way to describe it is I want sensible components that are high/medium in price and capability. I don't want the top of the line but next level down. Make sense?

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.

US Arlington Va. I do have a Microcenter in my area, but would prefer online.

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.

CPU (Intel only), RAM (had Corsair in the past and always treated me right), Motherboard, Graphics card (Nvidia only). Prefer Asus or EVGA

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

Case- Lian Li PC-V2120/w case fans
PSU- Corsair HX 850 or HX 1000
CPU cooler fan-CoolerMaster V8
Samsung 500GB SSD
WD 1 TB Black HD

6) Will you be overclocking?

Always plan to but never seem to find the time, so no

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?

Dell U3011 2560X1600

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

ASAP

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.

This is where I really need help. I don't RAID, SLI would be nice as I do that towards end of life of my cards, but not mandatory. I use onboard audio. Biggest question in my mind is Haswell or Ivy bridge, etc.

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

Yes Windows 7 64-bit

Well I think that is it. Always happy to elaborate if needed. Thanks!

What's the current specs of your current PC?

How long is the drive to that Microcenter?

Current specs:

Asus P6T LGA 1366 X58
6 GB RAM
I7 [email protected]
EVGA GTX570

Microcenter is 25 miles away but that can be a lifetime driving through DC. I seriously don't drive unless I'm headed out to the country in my truck. I ride my bike around town ( Yea I know I'm one of those guys).

Here's what I recommend:
$306 - Intel Core i7-4790 CPU
$100 - AsRock Fatal1ty H97 Performance Intel H97 Motherboard
$130 - Kingston HyperX FURY HX318C10FBK2/16 2x8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
$343 - eVGA 04G-P4-2974-KR GTX 970 4GB PCI-E Video Card
----
Total: $879 shipped.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back