New gaming pc which one?

STRIXrtx

n00b
Hi
First off i want to say thank you for taking the time to assist today im currently about to buy my new gaming pc, i currently have 2 MSI Optix AG32CQ 31.5 QHD 144hz Monitors im posting the specs heres With the amd vs intel builds ive put together over past few months with a little bit about what sort of things i play and do,
Some of the games i play are

Star citizen
Arma 3
Ark
Escape from tarkov
Gta
Flight simulator 2020 (quite demanding apparantly when released)
DCS World

i also want to introduce the HTC VIVE into my life in the near future
whilst playing i also stream from time to time also now ive done so much research on these system parts and i know usually intel is king in gaming but alot of ppl are also loving the amd so as you can imagine its a tad confusing, i just want something that will run everything i need on max settings with smooth and fast fps whilst also future proofing my plan is to upgrade the ram to 3600mhz later next year with the money if i dont buy the computer the mrs will end up spending some of it so wwnt to buy the rig now and do any upgrades at a later date when needed

I have 2 choices

PC 1: INTEL

CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE

Overclocked Intel® CoreTM i9-10900K 10 Core (3.7GHz @ up to 5.2GHz)

ASUS® ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO Wi-Fi (LGA1200, USB 3.2, CrossFireX/SLI) -

RGB Ready
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

256GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (500MB/R, 400MB/W)

1000GB M.2 PCI-E NVMe Solid State Drive [Up to 3500MB/s Read | Up to 3000MB/s Write]

4TB SEAGATE IRONWOLF PRO 3.5", 7200 RPM 128MB CACHE

CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIESTM SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Corsair H115i PRO Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

2x 50cm RGB LED

Display port 2m cable

Windows 10 Pro

Or

PC 2: AMD

CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)

ASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - RGB Ready!

32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)

11GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 Ti - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

4TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 5400RPM,

1000GB M.2 PCI-E NVMe Solid State Drive [Up to 3500MB/s Read | Up to 3000MB/s Write]

256MB CACHE 500GB SAMSUNG 970 EVO PLUS M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 3500MB/R, 3200MB/W)

CORSAIR 850W RMx SERIESTM MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET

1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)

Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

2x 50cm RGB LED Strip

Display port 2m cable

D676173-D-7-FF3-47-A0-B02-E-4-FE7-A575-A2-AB.jpg
hayleyesq

I would go a 9900k with a gigabyte z390 master.
Why would you go z390 and cut off any future upgrade path? Anyway I would pick PC 2 because AMD has newer tech and Zen 3 is around the corner for possible upgrade.

Why would you go z390 and cut off any future upgrade path? Anyway I would pick PC 2 because AMD has newer tech and Zen 3 is around the corner for possible upgrade.
Yup tried to tell him before its basically a downgrade some ppl dnt have a clue about pcs i guess

Because there is no upgrade path with intel anyhow.

anyhow I’m out

Cool your advice was beyond shocking anyway haha

Hey guy let me give you a tip. Acting like a jerk is not the best way to go about getting your questions answered. Since you think you know everything about PC's I am guessing this is more of a "look at me" thread than an actual question anyways....

Pretty good spec. But that 2 TB HDD, and your storage options, look out of place - it's fine for a cheaper or older system, but unusual for a new high spec setup. It's slow, doesn't have much capacity and just contributes heat and noise... If I were spending £3000+ on a new system, I'd have a fast 2 TB NVMe main drive for Windows and my collection of games and a cheap 8+TB HDD for general storage.

Hey guy let me give you a tip. Acting like a jerk is not the best way to go about getting your questions answered. Since you think you know everything about PC's I am guessing this is more of a "look at me" thread than an actual question anyways....
This is banter between myself and K who was giving the advice as private messaging at the same time u werent to know thats fine but relax urwelf its not a look at me thread but things were already bought before anyone answered maybe my guess this forum is full of slackers and keyboard warriors like urself calm down u little fairy it will be ok

Pretty good spec. But that 2 TB HDD, and your storage options, look out of place - it's fine for a cheaper or older system, but unusual for a new high spec setup. It's slow, doesn't have much capacity and just contributes heat and noise... If I were spending £3000+ on a new system, I'd have a fast 2 TB NVMe main drive for Windows and my collection of games and a cheap 8+TB HDD for general storage.
Thanks bud the only reason for this is i used to run a similar setup on my old rig I have

500GB SSD - Windows/other

1TB SSD - Games

1TB SSD - My 3d modelling software, 3ds max, blender, substance painter etc

2TB HDD - Pictures, Movies, Documents etc

I do get having to m.2 isnt the fastest but strangely it works “I just thinking if it aint broke dont fix it” Appreciate any and all advice though if u can think of a better idea

This is banter between myself and K who was giving the advice as private messaging at the same time u werent to know thats fine but relax
There was no private messaging? No idea what you’re talking about

Dnt hate because im doin well for myself so buying a nice rig if thats wat u mean “guy”

and also yeah i know everything bout pc’s thats why im on a forum asking for assistance your logic is supurb if your going to be someone who assists me the jeez i have no hope “Guy”

dont go gettin offended now snowflake id b mad if i had a rig like urs too haha this shit website bout as great as ur advice u sweaty ballsack

I kno lets read a post that has the i9-10900k and suggest to go with the i9-9900k with a dead motherboard that will be upgrade blocking o_O

Back