New Gaming PC Build suggestions

FerraraZ

Gawd
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc

Heavy PC Gaming, Web Browsing, Dual OS (Windows and Linux Partition) IT related software

2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?

Tax and shipping included cause I'll order online. Budget $800-900

3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.

U.S. PA but I'd prefer to order online

4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.

Case (smaller/quieter the better), Power Supply, CPU, Vid Card, Hard Drives(x2), DVD drive

5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.

None

6) Will you be overclocking?

No

7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?

1980 x 1200 Its a Samsung 24 inch but I also have an HP 22 inch I may Dual monitor if I can fit it on my desk!

8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?

Within a week, maybe two. I'll be using BillMeLater but I dont want to start the order until atleast 10/7.

9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? etc.

USB 3.0, SATA 6GB/s, No SLI not gonna use it. Prob. not gonna RAID unless there are clear benefits. I would like to have a WiFi card on the Mobo or some other GOOD wifi solution since I have Comcast and their service BLOWS!!!!

10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?

Yes, Windows 7 64 bit

I tried to answer them as best I could, love to see suggestions though! Since I'm sleeping in the same room, computer noise is kinda an issue. I'm used to an All-in-one which made almost no noise but I've had noisy computers I can deal with them it'd just be a nice perk.

Last edited:
Not recommended to use that RAM, because it's rated at 1.65 volts. Typically you don't want RAM rated above 1.5v.

Also by going with 4x2GB sticks, you're limiting yourself for future upgrades. If you want more than 8GB in the future, you'll have to replace two sticks. Meaning you'll buy another 8GB, but instead of having 16GB total, you'll only have 12GB until you replace the other two, 2GB sticks with 4GB modules.

If you can't afford new RAM, check and see if those reapers can run DDR3-1333 at 1.5v; or sell them and use the money towards new RAM.

Well please bump this thread up in a few days. For some reason, the Newegg combo deals from the previous month tend to bleed into the next month yet will sometimes come up as expired. So we usually wait a few days to a week or two for all of the previous month's combo deals to fully expire. So please come back in a few days and we'll know what Newegg's October combo deals will be by then.

Back