New forum section?

ntba

Limp Gawd
I've noticed that this forum might be missing a critical section for some really [H]ard people out there. I propose an "Other hardware/Software" section that would deal with other types of hardware such as Embedded systems, Other Architectures (Alpha, MIPS, PA-RISC, etc), and other types of weird and unheard of geek operating systems and niche software (OpenVMS, HP-UX, Plan 9, etc). There could possibly be subsections, or maybe there could be more then one new section created. This is all up to the forum mods and admins, as I personally would like to see such a section made and I'm fairly sure other people would like it too! Just a suggestion! ;)

I would definitely use it, but in my experience people here know more about mainstream stuff because they're all gamers. If we could get enough people interested, it would be awesome.

whats wrong with "general hardware"?? in terms of the title, its essentially the same as yours

I guess general hardware is too, well, general. I mean there is a seperate section for VIA procs, AMD, and Intel. Granted those are the majority, but what about the rest? This is why I was suggesting a section just for the niche market of computers. :D

I think hes thinking of non-x86 type stuff. Not your normal windows/mac/linux type boxes, but really geeky or off the wall type stuff. I think itd be slow, but would work out alright.

I think hes thinking of non-x86 type stuff. Not your normal windows/mac/linux type boxes, but really geeky or off the wall type stuff. I think itd be slow, but would work out alright.

Exactly. :D

That wouldn't exactly be difficult to accomplish. genmay gets more posts per day than PPU has had period. :rolleyes:

You think that's bad? Take a look at the VIA forum.

Perhaps we could combine this "other hardware" forum with the VIA forum.

Then again, do we really want to pull in the geek gods?

I would use it also. Then I have a place to post all of my BeOS questions. :cool:

I am putting together a Be Box for a dedicated music player at work. Does the job perfectly and I don't have to worry about the students playing flash games, its version is too old and go luck getting an easy to install update to get them working.

Back