New Elder Scrolls 6 screenies

i really like the way it's looking... this in particular, i think, looks great!
skyrim2.jpg

However, they really need to address how big these trees are compared to the mountain, makes it look a bit off.
 
LOL, Elder Scrolls 6 is already coming when ES5 isn't out until November? :p

As for these shots, I hope they are console shots or that mods will improve them because it isn't looking promising.

As I posted in the other ES thread:

Man, the textures and modeling look absolutely attrocious for something that should be one of the highest poly and highest res objects in the game - your arm/hands because they are always in front of you when you are using weapons or abilities.

Check out that left arm texture and the bend of the arm.

theelderscrollsvskyrim2.jpg
 
Yea, seriously that little bit of arm texture bend just completely turns me off.

No wonder that Elder Scrolls 5 thread is a fucking pile of bitching and moaning. :rolleyes:
 
LOL, Elder Scrolls 6 is already coming when ES5 isn't out until November? :p

As for these shots, I hope they are console shots or that mods will improve them because it isn't looking promising.

As I posted in the other ES thread:

dang.... Heck CS 1.6 even have better polygon than that..
 
i really like the way it's looking... this in particular, i think, looks great!
skyrim2.jpg

I agree, the water in that shot looks quite realistic IMO.

However, they really need to address how big these trees are compared to the mountain, makes it look a bit off.

That mountain is a silhouette far of in the distance, with various rocky crags and outcroppings around it. In Oblivion distant mountains were often similarly visible as a backdrop to the immediate landscape. It's called perspective I believe. ;)
 
Hmm, those aren't blowing me away except for the beautiful outdoor shot, but that's more or less to be expected with a TES game. Both Morrowind and Oblivion didn't have the best creature models but the scenery was pretty awesome--maybe a little bare in Morrowind but I can forgive a game that old, especially with the beautiful art direction and diversity of the island.
 
Is it that difficult to release a game with texture packs and mods that are similar to oblivions. I would actually pay a bit extra (say $5-10) if they did that and included hires textures or some customizable UI features. Basically, take the ideas of the top 10 mods from Oblivion, polish them up a bit and resell them to the users... If you want it,you can turn it on, if not, you can leave it off.

More magic, more weapons, better indoor atmosphere, deadly reflexes, bigger leveling (big!), hi-res texture packs, not so console based inventory menu, better use of the GUI
 
Is it that difficult to release a game with texture packs and mods that are similar to oblivions. I would actually pay a bit extra (say $5-10) if they did that and included hires textures or some customizable UI features. Basically, take the ideas of the top 10 mods from Oblivion, polish them up a bit and resell them to the users... If you want it,you can turn it on, if not, you can leave it off.

More magic, more weapons, better indoor atmosphere, deadly reflexes, bigger leveling (big!), hi-res texture packs, not so console based inventory menu, better use of the GUI

Dragon Age 2 had an official texture pack that was only released as a download and not with the retail game.
 
Is it that difficult to release a game with texture packs and mods that are similar to oblivions. I would actually pay a bit extra (say $5-10) if they did that and included hires textures or some customizable UI features. Basically, take the ideas of the top 10 mods from Oblivion, polish them up a bit and resell them to the users... If you want it,you can turn it on, if not, you can leave it off.

More magic, more weapons, better indoor atmosphere, deadly reflexes, bigger leveling (big!), hi-res texture packs, not so console based inventory menu, better use of the GUI

Are you forgetting this is Bethesda? They release half baked games, leave it up to modders to finish it/make it playable/pretty.
 
Is it that difficult to release a game with texture packs and mods that are similar to oblivions. I would actually pay a bit extra (say $5-10) if they did that and included hires textures or some customizable UI features. Basically, take the ideas of the top 10 mods from Oblivion, polish them up a bit and resell them to the users... If you want it,you can turn it on, if not, you can leave it off.

More magic, more weapons, better indoor atmosphere, deadly reflexes, bigger leveling (big!), hi-res texture packs, not so console based inventory menu, better use of the GUI

Due to how intellectual property laws work, this is really extremely more complex to actually do then one might think.

Comparing mods also to commercial releases is somewhat tricky as well. While Mods are generally worked on with less resources, they are also the benefit to having a more lax standard for a lot of issues a commercial release would see.

In a ideal world yes, it would be a great idea, but today's litigious happy society, not so much.
 
Due to how intellectual property laws work, this is really extremely more complex to actually do then one might think.

Comparing mods also to commercial releases is somewhat tricky as well. While Mods are generally worked on with less resources, they are also the benefit to having a more lax standard for a lot of issues a commercial release would see.

In a ideal world yes, it would be a great idea, but today's litigious happy society, not so much.

Plus it's important to take into account that mods add/change aspects of the game in ways that not everyone necessarily wants. I for one am not a fan of heavy modding in general. Sure, higher-res textures can be improvement, but in my experience player-created content tends to change the feeling of the game in ways that I find immersion-breaking and detracts from the experience. If you want whatever features a given mod implements, the means for using it is already built into the game and you are at liberty to take full advantage of it. For the rest of us, the game is released in the form that the developer intended, which is fine for most people.
 
I like that nature screenshot a lot.

And to those who are moaning about Oblivion... they did make Fallout 3. Anything atrocious in Oblivion was not so bad in Fallout 3. so they are improving their craft. No need to assume that the same mistakes will be made again. As for that arm texture... we have time.... well, we'll see how things pan out in November.
 
Fine screenshots, but the actual sales point for me is the animations. They were stiff but acceptable in Morrowind, and though the graphics were nice in Oblivion, the animations hadnt changed one bit. For Skyrim theyre using a Havok animation engine, which looks awsome
 
Its not just the animations, but the model themselves actually look decent this time around. People looked like deformed freaks in Morrowind, Oblivion and Fallout 3 as well. It took them three games before they hired a new modeler, sheesh. Better late then never i guess.
 
Fine screenshots, but the actual sales point for me is the animations. They were stiff but acceptable in Morrowind, and though the graphics were nice in Oblivion, the animations hadnt changed one bit. For Skyrim theyre using a Havok animation engine, which looks awsome

If Bethesda can release this thing on time, the character models will be state of the art.
 
glad they are taking gameplay notes from fallout 3 because (somewhat ironically) it fixed the major flaws from oblivion mechanics. sneak attack worked hideously well, guards weren't psychic as fuck, level scaling not retarded, etc etc.

SO MANY INNOCENT PEOPLE died by my hand in fallout and nobody was the wiser because they were all sneak attacks that were more or less instant death to whatever i touched. oh whatup casino... half an hour later every single guard dead, everything looted. all civilians left unharmed and blissfully unaware of what is unfolding around them.
 
I like that nature screenshot a lot.

And to those who are moaning about Oblivion... they did make Fallout 3. Anything atrocious in Oblivion was not so bad in Fallout 3. so they are improving their craft. No need to assume that the same mistakes will be made again. As for that arm texture... we have time.... well, we'll see how things pan out in November.

Amen to that, sir! It's refreshing to hear a voice of reason amid all the complaints and speculation. :)
 
About the arm texture, do we really believe that Bethesda will be able to fix that by November?
 
Not a single Bethesda game has had what would be considered good model textures, or character models really. It doesn't really matter in my opinion, everyone on the PC that really cares will use custom body models/textures anyways, they might as well focus elsewhere.

Really since Morrowind I would not say any of there games actually "look good," what they did really was have good visual quality considering the scope of the graphics. But the individual art assets when you look closely have never been industry leading from what I remember out of the box.
 
I havent played oblivion that much but I hope that they fix the combat system

lol

I remember just at the beginning of the game some wolves appeared in front of me and I just kited them the whole level... swing and go back , swing and go back etc

once I finished the fight my character probably traveled a whole region xD

also stop the solo bs 4 man party with npcs is where its at


but yeah the graphics are pretty good probably even better while in motion
 
Most those screens look good except the last one with the wolf, what the hell is going on with his arm and hand?

I hope they pull off a more interesting and entertaining combat system than the previous games. I'm dying to play an RPG that doesn't have an arse of a combat system.

also stop the solo bs 4 man party with npcs is where its at

Oh hell no :p If you want your party based RPG go play one of the many Bioware RPGs. To me I just can't see how an entertaining combat system can revolve around a party based system with retard AI (and lets face it, almost all AI is pretty retarded).
 
I'm guessing the bare arm would be covered when you get any chest item or gloves or whatever on.
So, really who cares about the skin texture?
 
I can say (write) without equivocation that arm texture has not ever been a determining factor in how much I liked/disliked any video game.
 
Most those screens look good except the last one with the wolf, what the hell is going on with his arm and hand?

I hope they pull off a more interesting and entertaining combat system than the previous games. I'm dying to play an RPG that doesn't have an arse of a combat system.



Oh hell no :p If you want your party based RPG go play one of the many Bioware RPGs. To me I just can't see how an entertaining combat system can revolve around a party based system with retard AI (and lets face it, almost all AI is pretty retarded).

Oh comeon

so you like your character beign warrior mage cleric rogue all at the same time ?
 
I must have been the only one who LOVED TES:IV.. I am very excited for this one too!
 
Oh comeon

so you like your character beign warrior mage cleric rogue all at the same time ?

No, you should pick 1 then adapt for other situations (stuff like magic arrows/swords for non mage classes to take out magical enemies and conjuring physical things for mages to deal with things with magical immunity) ;)
 
I agree with what's been said about the animations.

All I want is Oblivion with better animations, some kind of better character/enemy progression system, and better side quests & storylines.

However, I'm concerned that the animations in the trailer were pre-scripted or something. I mean like the part where the character runs up to a cliff and slides and waves his hands in front of him - that looks cool, but it would be super annoying to have it happen every time you get near a cliff edge.
 
About the arm texture, do we really believe that Bethesda will be able to fix that by November?

Considering that's probably a console screenshots like everything else we see I wouldn't fret too much, otherwise you can be assured that the mod community will very quickly be on top of that.
 
All I want is Oblivion with better animations, some kind of better character/enemy progression system, and better side quests & storylines.

New Vegas brought that but it was still not enough. There's just too much garbage in Bethesda games. With all the money they are making you'd think they would be able to hire better developers but i guess when you have an incompetent moron like Todd Howard in charge you can't expect too much.
 
Back
Top