New Driver 17.11.1

Don't get pissy because you were wrong. Move on dude.

Who the hell cares if I was right or wrong, I did not care one way or the other, I simply stated the fact that you must provide the proof for any assertions you make. Oh well, time to ignore I guess, enjoy your stay here.

Who the hell cares if I was right or wrong, I did not care one way or the other, I simply stated the fact that you must provide the proof for any assertions you make. Oh well, time to ignore I guess, enjoy your stay here.

Spewing erroneous information, getting corrected and then demanding proof that you are wrong? Instead of doing your own due diligence on making sure what you are typing is correct? Your forum name says it all. I really do hope I am on your ignore.

Spewing erroneous information, getting corrected and then demanding proof that you are wrong? Instead of doing your own due diligence on making sure what you are typing is correct? Your forum name says it all. I really do hope I am on your ignore.
you do realize he never made any particular statement, only a link to back up your point? Also a little less aggression would be greatly appreciated.

Picture this... For ever "assertion" made on this board, someone demands a link to back it up - otherwise it's not true. You then have to hunt down and provide it because someone is too lazy to look it up themselves. Can you understand the annoyance Lover?

Picture this... For ever "assertion" made on this board, someone demands a link to back it up - otherwise it's not true. You then have to hunt down and provide it because someone is too lazy to look it up themselves. Can you understand the annoyance Lover?
based on that then you should know to post a link when you make the assertion, or in the least a recollection of what you read, how long ago and the source as best you can remember. However the issue has more to do with the hostile nature of the reply when asked to do so. The particulars of the deal are still a bit foggy to the vast majority of forum frequenters, most of which have jobs and families and may not spend as much time reading and seeking vast numbers of articles to keep current. They in turn look for others that have time to help educate them and directing them to the best or most likely accurate articles. And sometimes in the case of low post count or new accounts, links are a must as the poster has not established a level of respect or trust enough that their word will suffice. So post links or give enough direction for others to find on the case you don't have it handy. And reel in the attitude when it is asked.

Annoyingly there's still crashing issues in some Blizzard games with this driver release, which started in July-ish:

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20758607000

It's also affecting Diablo 3 - I have lost 3 hardcore characters to badly timed PC crashes in the last two weeks. :(

Also annoying, it seems similar to a bug from about two years ago, I think, which was eventually fixed. So maybe this will be soon, too, but really a bummer to have a showstopper like this come up. Their previous recommendation ("use an older driver release") is having trouble with the Win10 fall update, too, leaving most users high and dry without a solution.

I think I'll go back to an older driver. On an RX470:

1) BF1 randomly suffers a driver crash
2) Switching between Graphics and Compute mode sometimes causes the interface to close and doesn't change the mode until it is restarted and changed again.
3) Switching to from Computer to Graphics mode sometimes causes the second monitor to not be detected and then later comes up with a driver error until reboot.

Back