New Display?

Zef Pomp

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
1,056
My next build will be when ivy bridge comes out..is there any talk of a IPS 120hz screen?

I assume a 120hz IPS is the next step for the best monitors? Correct me if I am wrong?

I am going to buy a 27in screen...

If I was going to buy today I would get the Dell u2711, so im basicly asking if there is any talk of a monitor similar to the u2711 with 120hz

thanks
 
Is this different than 120Hz TV technology? My LG TV has an IPS panel, but also supports 120Hz. Surely those screens must exist for monitors as well?

Ruahrc
 
Any IPS thats 120hz is not true 120hz. I'm tired of marketing calling it 120hz. Its using technology to reduce motion blur in movies. Wish my TV had it some movies look jittery or have judder I guess , but don't come across them that much.

The holy grail would be true 120hz IPS, it'll probably happen one day but may take years.
 
Yep Galvin is correct. There are literally no true 120Hz TV's on the market as far as I am aware.
 
Any IPS thats 120hz is not true 120hz. I'm tired of marketing calling it 120hz. Its using technology to reduce motion blur in movies. Wish my TV had it some movies look jittery or have judder I guess , but don't come across them that much.

The holy grail would be true 120hz IPS, it'll probably happen one day but may take years.

really think it will take years??

Yep Galvin is correct. There are literally no true 120Hz TV's on the market as far as I am aware.

wtf is up with the 240hz TVs then?

I assume plasma can get 600hz becuz of completely diff tech
 
Plasma is 600hz because it separates the panel into 10 different zones and each zone updates at 60hz. Kind of a backhanded way of describing it.

Alternatively, monitors at 120hz are limited at 1080p due to dual-link DVI or HDMI 1.4 bandwidth limitations. The computer updates the display 120 times per second through the cable.

TVs are different. They use electronics, algorithms and buffering to create intermediate frames. The technology works, but also adds input lag too high for desktop monitor usage. 240hz is the same.

3D is a different side of this 120hz technology on TVs but uses the electronics to do something different when 3D is activated.
 
Back
Top