New DFI Mini-ITX MI P55-T36

Finally!!!! Now I have a reason to go core i5! I was gonna sell both my 360s to get the MW2 version but might just use that money for this board, i5 and maybe 8 gbs of ram? Maybe too much.

Finally!!!! Now I have a reason to go core i5! I was gonna sell both my 360s to get the MW2 version but might just use that money for this board, i5 and maybe 8 gbs of ram? Maybe too much.

The 8GB of ram will cost you all those two xbox360's can garner here.

I figured DFI would shoot for $200 + with that board... nobody else has a P55 Mini-itx...

Well Im selling one for 150 and the other 250, friends. But yeah ram is too expensive. 4gb is ok with me I guess haha.

I compromised by getting 2GB (2x1GB) now, and will wait for DDR2 4GB sticks to jump under the 80usd/stick price before buying.

I found out:
Short of VMs, I have plenty of RAM to go around. (2GB).

awesome news. Still deciding whether I want P55 + PEG or H55/57 with integrated graphics.

Does anyone know the deal with the 8pin cpu aux vs 4pin?? Is it a big deal, ie the picopsu's only have 4 pin cpu connection?

I'm looking at Core i5 (dual core) 32nm in a few months.

EDIT: from the manual:

Your power supply unit may come with an 8-pin or 4-pin +12V power connector. The +12V power enables the delivery of more +12VDC current to the processor’s Voltage Regulator Module (VRM). If available, it is preferable to use the 8-pin power; otherwise connect a 4-pin power to this connector.

Last edited:
This would be a great little board when paired with a 32nm i5. Think of what could be done with an SSD, a slot loading BDROM drive, external power brick and some customized cables... a machine that would be perhaps twice the size of a mac mini but much more powerful.

It all depends, really. There are people on this SFF forum who will swear by their DFI JR P45. From what I understand they are not easy to master, but once mastered they produce very good results. I don't really know about other chipsets, though.

I've had several DFI boards in my time and each one has taken some time to familiarize myself with, but has produced excellent OC's, especially the higher end LanParty LT series. I have been careful to look into reviews from professionals and customers so I've avoided any lemon boards. I'm hopeful that DFI has a winner on their hands instead of a lemon with this board.

Heh heh. I'm waiting, too.

i7 860 in a mITX? Hands down winner, right there.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Agreed, though we need a matching mitx case. Haven't seen any convincing possibilities- maybe the LL Q-07 matched with the new silverstone psu?

Pipe dream no longer..

Well.. this mobo is amazing...
Look what DFI Santa sent me:)

DSC06024.jpg

Merry Christmas to me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

DSC06026.jpg

...now lets see what's in the box!

DSC06027.jpg

DSC06028.jpg

Isn't that beautiful?????!!!!

DSC06031.jpg

DSC06032.jpg

DSC06035.jpg

DSC06039.jpg

DSC06043.jpg

This PCIe will power some really heavy card:)

DSC06050.jpg

DSC06052.jpg

BIOS Led error indicator.. sweet:)

DSC06054.jpg

...and these 3 SATA will be working 24/7 for my SSD Raid:)

DSC06055.jpg

Last edited:
Please tell me they did not ship that board without a lga socket protector in place. Those sockets are so freakin fragile it isn't even funny.

I'd like to know, is there even a Mini-ITX case out there that could hold this mobo and a modern, powerful graphics card? I think you'd have to go for a custom case to get that right? No ITX case also lets you use an ATX PSU either?

I'd like to know, is there even a Mini-ITX case out there that could hold this mobo and a modern, powerful graphics card? I think you'd have to go for a custom case to get that right? No ITX case also lets you use an ATX PSU either?

Q07 uses ATX PSU, but not sure what size card it'll fit.
SG06 comes with its own 80+ SFX PSU, and can fit a 9" length card.

Q07 uses ATX PSU, but not sure what size card it'll fit.
SG06 comes with its own 80+ SFX PSU, and can fit a 9" length card.

Just looked at the Lian-Li Q07 and it does take a standard ATX PSU. However, it only has one expansion slot and thus could only take a single-slot graphics card. :(

The SG05/6 is the case of choice for these rigs. Lian Li also makes the Q07 which will take an ATX supply.

Please tell me they did not ship that board without a lga socket protector in place. Those sockets are so freakin fragile it isn't even funny.

Well, there is clear film on it, but they added plastic, the usual cover in the small bag. I think you should see it in one of the photos.

Well, NanoTower takes this mobo and any dual chip card you want, even 5970! :D

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1467758

Where did you buy it from? I see all dimensions used in your worklog are in mm, so you don't live in the US. So there is hope for us Europeans...

Where did you buy it from? I see all dimensions used in your worklog are in mm, so you don't live in the US. So there is hope for us Europeans...

Well, I got it for free:) DFI is my main sponsor of my project. I think they should be for sale from tomorrow, that was a rumor I think...

DFI said around the 10th...which is today but who knows. Customs kills everything in the US.

Tell us how it works phinix!

10th is tomorrow.
Well, right now I got all in parts, awaiting for few bits, so won't be running it till next week, but will tell as soon as I mount it in my NanoTower:)

It started to appear on a couple of german e-tailers... I think I'll wait until it is available here in Sweden...

Yay! Finally here, off to order it now for my new project.

Waiting for my wife to give me a GO before I buy it. I should head to Microcenter soon to pick up i5 750 soon and I'm done buying big parts to finish my new build. :D

Last edited:
Anyone know if sg05/06 power supply will handle this mobo? Or will you have to go another route?

I'm building a new one now with similar set up with SG06, this mobo and i5 750 and I'm using H50.

My current build progress.(Not much since I am missing major part namely Motherboard and CPU)

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1469728

If I put this in a SG06 with a Core i5, can I just use the stock heatsink or should I use another type of heatsink? If so, what do you guys recommend?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811163151&Tpk=sg06

Thanks.

Should be able to handle no problem unless you get higher end graphics card. There are some who have Zotac, Q6600 OCed @3GHz(My original plan for new build but not anymore) HD5770 and all other usual things with stock PSU and I believe i5 750 uses about same power or little less than Q6600 clock for clock.

You can also opt to go with this http://sffclub.com/site2/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49:new-st45sf-&catid=1:latest-news which is same size as stock one so you don't have to mod it. Only reason I didn't opt to go with new 450W PSU from Silverstone is that I heard they aren't as quiet as my HX620. If it was, I would have gone that route to save hassle of cutting out opening for ATX size PSU for SG06.

Anyone know if sg05/06 power supply will handle this mobo? Or will you have to go another route?

Thanks for the input. Started ordering my pieces and had assumed the stock psu was good enough. I wasn't going for a super hi-end graphics card. Guess we'll find out =)

Planned build:

i7 860
DFI Mini-ITX MI P55-T36
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1 TB Drive
OCZ Platinum DDR3 1333
SG05 with stock PSU
SOD01 DVD RW Drive
HD 5770

Back