New Details Released In Fatal Tesla Crash

OMG, that intersection is a deathtrap looking for victims in the first place. At freeway speeds I can totally see people turning left across the 2 lanes and misjudging how much room they have. And the Tesla driver, if the car was self driving they wouldn't give you a steering wheel and pedals.
Either there wasn't enough visibility for the Semi driver to see that there was a car that would hit him when he tried to turn across two lanes of highway -- which means the speed limit there is too high -- or he saw the oncoming car and figured it would stop regardless of right-of-way -- which wouldn't surprise me at all the way some people are a-holes and people with bigger vehicles think they can drive however they want (Buses using 2 lanes, etc).

Considering how many people are doing stupid crap like this with their Teslas, I'm surprised accidents like this aren't happening more often.

So, does this mean Tesla, the safest car on the road, cannot protect its passengers during a 9 MPH over the speed limit crash?

You really did not just post that. Speed limits were not designed for wreck survivability. You can die in a car going 25 mph, and that's the speed in some school zones.

The Tesla driver was not really paying attention and paid with his life... Semi Tractors turn very slow and sometimes they will not have moved out of the way so that means you have to take action such as slow down, move over, etc

You really did not just post that. Speed limits were not designed for wreck survivability. You can die in a car going 25 mph, and that's the speed in some school zones.

yeah he did.. he fails to realize that energies involved go WAY up in proportion to speed at time of impact

Back